Distinguished
Sep 25, 2014
ASUS Z97 - A Mobo
i5 - 4690k @ 3.5GHz overclocked to 4.3
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked
Rosewill 1000w PSU
8 GB RAM
@1080p

So I was having previous problems where my computer screen was just blank or I would start up normally and then my PC would restart itself or the screen would go dark.

Today, I started my PC and wasn't able to get an image at all, but I could hear the Windows start up sound so I know my computer was on. Everything seems to be working fine except my graphics card. The fans start spinning for 1 second slowly and then stop.

I replaced the power connector that I was using with a new one and made sure all the wires were tight. I have been overclocking, my GPU clock +100Mhz, Memory clock +250MHz. But I turned off the overclock and it's still not working. Everything seemed to be running fine until recently.

I also had a very annoying problem, which I already asked on these forums and seems to be fixed, where my gaming performance was very inconsistent every time I boot up my computer. I had to restart 4 or 5 times to get everything running properly. I wouldn't say I solved this problem, but I stopped it from happening by overclocking my CPU.

So my main concern is why my graphics card is not working? I was playing GTA 5 for a few hours earlier and it was running great. After having my computer off for about 5 hours, I came back to turn it on and have a black screen. Also, it says "DVI No Signal" when I have it connected to my GPU. At least I can still connect it to my motherboard and use the intergrated grahpics card.

getdamafiaonyou

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
My instinct would be you killed your gpu with your OC, it's not hard to do honestly. Thankfully you have EVGA, and their customer support is top notch. Dont mention overclocking and they'll easily issue you a replacement. I'd say try everyone else's suggestions first, but still, sounds like you killed the card to me.

The fan issue? That become more and more standard thing with current gpu. It is something that will stop the fan from spinning when the gpu temperature are low even when when ga!ing. Usually the fan only start spinning once the temp reach 60c or so. Asus start this '0db' fan operation with their Strix series.

As for the other issue you don't need to OC your gpu to fix it. If you have to do that then there probably already something wrong with gpu. OCing is quite safe unless you were messing with the voltage. Even that is quite restricted with nvidia cards. That's why for those that want to push the card as high as possible will use modded BIOS which will void the warrant. If I were you I will try to RMA the card

HuskyTwitter

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2014

So I'm trying to RMA the card cause it seems that nothing else is working. EVGA support says that the problem is either the power supply or video card, and to try my card in another computer. I don't have another computer to test it on, so is there another way to see if the power supply is having problems?