GTX 970 having black screen while playing games

LoneZ

Reputable
May 1, 2015
I have been having this problem for about 2 years already, and nobody can seem to help me with this problem.
While playing certain games (Overwatch, Smite, Rocket League) I seem to encounter a black screen at a random time while playing games, it then goes back to the game or crashes the game.
Things I have already tried were clean installation of graphic drivers, upgraded my MOBO, Upgraded my RAM.

So I tried recording a log with MSI Afterburner, and after awhile I managed to get a log out of the crash hoping that it could help with detecting the reason why it's crashing.Link

My Rig:
GPU : Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1
CPU : Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Octa-Core Processor
MOBO : Asus Z170-P D3
SSD Storage : Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
HDD Storage : Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
PSU : Corsair CX 500M
RAM : 4x 4GB DDR3 1600MHz

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the ram, is a 4 sticks kit?

the gpu hasn't been changed?

the psu, have you tried with other psu? the 970 is a bit powerhungry, is yours a 6 and a 8 pin model? a 500 watt psu might not be enough to handle the load of that gpu and the cpu

LoneZ

Reputable
May 1, 2015

It's not 4 stick kit rather 3 are the same and 1 of it is different. But the problem occured even before I changed RAM so I doubt it's the RAM

Didn't had time to replace it.

Yep it's a 6 and 8 pin connector. As for 500w being not enough I don't really have a clue.

LoneZ

Reputable
May 1, 2015

About late 2015.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
that gpu can use up to 300 watts, the cpu another 100, the psu is 500watts, it is very close to the limit of not being capable of deliver proper power for the gpu

about mixing ram, most times will not give you want you want, if one module is slower than the others, it will make the other 3 to work slower than it could, also is possible that you don't have dualchannel with that configuration so it is a wasted opportunity

LoneZ

Reputable
May 1, 2015

All 4 RAM are the same clock speed as I checked before buying 3 more.