GTX 970 second monitor

jonesethan1429

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
I have a GTX 970 that has a HDMI Port and a DVI port. The monitor I have plugged into the DVI port works perfectly fine and now I've wanted a second monitor and the second one will not work. It is plugged in through a HDMI To VGA lead as my monitor only takes a VGA and the graphics card has a HDMI spot. The monitor says 'cable not connected when I try and plug it in. Any help?

1. goto your control panel > change display properties, and try "detect" if no go try 2.
2. leave that monitor in, and do a shutdown and start if not go check 3.
3. right click on desktop > NVidia control panel > display > set up multiple display make sure it has a check box on it.

ESRcDF8.png

jonesethan1429

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017

My second monitor does not show up on the NVIDIA control panel and I restarted before that, it just says 'cable not connected'

EDIT: My second monitor shown up on NVIDIA control panel and I can move my mouse on the screen but the second screen is black

Lutfij

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from jonesethan1429 : "GTX 970 dual montior"

Lutfij

Titan
^ Stop creating multiple threads of the same topic. You'd benefit from receiving answers consistently on one thread.
Lutfij

That being said, is the cable you are trying to connect to an active adapter? Got a link to the cable?

jonesethan1429

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017

This is a link to the cable I bought : https://www.amazon.co.uk/DIGIFLEX-HDMI-VGA-Cable-1-8-m-Black/dp/B003SPIAM4/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1505336695&sr=1-5&keywords=hdmi+to+vga

And the last two lines of the description, analogue over hdmi only, this must be very very rare, as i've never heard of analogue of hdmi.

jonesethan1429

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017

Would I use the cable I've bought to plug into this converter? also can you find one of the converters on amazon.co.uk as I'm not from the US