GTX 970 still worth to buy?

saintequila

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2013
On regards of its recent vram issues being only 3.5gb not 4gb, is it still worth it to buy and to game with it for years to come? Im only playing on a 1080p monitor with all these next gens to come.

Solution
The Vram thing is a complete non issue. Everyone is mad, more or less, for no reason. You will not have any problems with the card. People are blowing this WAY out of proportion. The cards perform exactly the way they should.
The cards are great. There is nothing to worry about. The cards have ALWAYS been 3.5gb even back when everyone loved and praised them to much. Those same people then found out it was really a 3.5gb card and got all butt-hurt about it. The fact is, the cards still perform the same as they did on day one.

This whole Vram issue isn't even an issue or problem like everyone says. It was planned form the get-go and in no way impacts what the cards is capable of.

Atique Chowdhury

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015
Listen, I have the evga ssc version of 970. The only way you will ever reach close to 3gb is when you're doing 1440p ultra on an unoptimized game. You could even do 2k gaming on bioshock infinite without ANY problems.

saintequila

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2013

thats good to hear, im so excited to get mine!

Atique Chowdhury

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015

Great! Enjoy your 970 :) welcome to the crew! haha! Also do not believe the little internet engineers on EVGA version having heat issue because of a heatpipe not being connected to chip. It isn't a heatsink to carry heat, that pipe serves other purposes

Atique Chowdhury

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015

oh makes sense, I have the ACX 2.0 version which is why I didn't see anything wrong with it when I opened it up