Gtx 970 sytem shut down while gaming at 80c

zrestoline

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Hi I have a Zotact GTX 970 in my pc. i was playing DOOM 2016 alpha and i noticed that the temperature of my card is going upto 80c and it stays there for some time and then my system compltely shut down.this doenst happen when the temp statys around 79c. this is happening when the card temp is at 80c for some times.could you please suggest whats wrong with it ? in winter time it didnt give a problem,but now in summer when playing hvy gpu intestive games this case is happening.please help

my spec
---------

amd fx 8320 stock with tx3 evo installed
corsair 8gb ram
corsair gs600 watt
zotac nvidia gtx 970

zrestoline

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

ya i know max temp is 98c but as its a zotac card may be its too hot for it as it doesn't have good cooling. and regarding cpu temp i have to find it out and my power supply is a good one i assume.but there is no way to figure out if its causing issue or not.are there any way to figure out ?

WildCard999

Titan
I don't exactly know how to determine if your PSU is causing issues unless you try a better quality unit with higher watts. I suppose you could use a program like GPU-Z and record the max draw of your components and see if its pushing your PSU too hard leading to the shutdowns.

zrestoline

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

Hi WildCar999,
Thanks for your reply.i just took a screenshot of the gpu z while my gpu is under heavy load.

Untitled.png

this is my PSU

http://www.corsair.com/en-in/gs600w

can you tell from this what might be the cause ?