GTX 980 Ti ERROR 43

Graptik

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015
I purchased a used GTX 980 Ti from a reputable retailer and it arrived today. I installed it in my machine and I can get a signal from it but when I install the graphics drivers, it does not work. It allows me to install them but when I go into device manager, it shows a problem with the GTX 980 Ti with "error code 43". Therefore I cannot use it to play games and can only use it as a basic display adapter. I have tried all the "solutions" online but none of them work. I have used DDU to uninstall old drivers and clean installed new ones and my BIOS is up to date. Any advice would be appreciated. The card can output 1080p fine, it just won't use the drivers or act like a GTX 980 Ti. Could this be a hardware issue even though it can display 1080p?
Thanks.
SPECS:
i7 3770k @4.2 GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77 D3
16GB RAM
500W PSU 80+ Bronze

Solution
Yes - drivers are detecting the problem, but source most likely is hardware related.
You can eliminate possibility of problematic drivers by trying multiple driver versions.
Start with driver version provided from cards manufacturer.

Graptik

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015

I've read online that it's usually to do with drivers and most people who've solved it for themselves seem to say it's to do with drivers. Have you experienced this before?