Question gtx1080 ti

Darren35

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2015
been overclocking my gtx1080ti with msi afterburner and I just wanted to know your thoughts on this overclock .
+165 core clock
+550 memory clock
Heaven benchmark results FPS 96.2 score 2423 , FPS min 33.3 max 199.6 ultra setting 2k.

I didn't know this card could be push that much , seems stable I can push it more but it seems to lower the score. ill do some more testing in game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darren35

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2015
Do you have any test results? . I found I could push mine more without it crashing but it lowered the FPS results, so I backed off both core and memory and it gave me higher FPS.

Darren35

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2015
Just got the score rating a bit higher , Is this score rating good I am still new to overclocking but this is my 3rd try on overclocking gpu. res 2560x1440
yIkGdK8.png

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Do you have any test results? . I found I could push mine more without it crashing but it lowered the FPS results, so I backed off both core and memory and it gave me higher FPS.
I can post some a little later.
I COULD do +400 memory, but it'll pass a Realbench 8hr ST, but crash in UH if run overnight... so, it's not stable.
And some games just don't like manually OC'd cards. I play one such indie title, Redout Enhanced. Literally NOTHING(DDU, new driver/older driver, etc.) works, except leaving the card at stock and raising the power limit to max.

Unigine Heaven isn't good for comparing scores from different systems; there are too many variable settings in it. Use a standard benchmark like 3DMark FireStrike or TimeSpy.
News to me, but I'll try it out.

Darren35

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2015
I was wondering is it ok for the CPU score to be much lower than the graphics score like mine is , I overclock my Ryzen 2600 to 4.0ghz so I think that's about the limit I could go to on mine .