GTX590 Heating Issues

Skoo

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014
I have a GTX 590. Ive been using Speedfan to measure temps. Now it is quite cold today, has been idle yet here are my readings.

GPU-35c
GPU-59c

Everything else is 30 or below. This is running no applications bar firefox to type this. When I play the second reading only ever hits a max of 81c and the first reading tops out at 75-80c as well.

Should I be worried or do something? I have taken it apart a few times (only the plastic cover) to clean the fans out and the 2 front metal heatsinks but that's it. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Yeah remove heatsink and fan, clean off old thermal paste carefully from both GPUs and heatsink and reapply new paste and refit. I recommend Arctic MX-4.

jaimelmiel

Honorable
May 7, 2012

You may want to think about reapplying some Tim or thermal paste on the Gpu chip.

Its a little high, but not crazy, not to mention its a dual GPU.
Also you know as well as I do, idle temps do not mean much. At least not without more info like fan curves etc.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

I would expect both GPUs to have a similar temp if all was ok to be honest. 59'c idle is unusually hot.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

590s have the central fan design.

The GPU1 temp looks normal, the second is unusually high. remember, this isnt two cards in SLI, this is a dual GPU card, so there may be slight differences in temps but not that amount.