GTX770 triple 144hz set up?

indridcoldxx

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
First of all I am aware that I won't be able to play on a surround with 3 monitors @ 144hz, I am currently waiting to buy a 1070.

That being said, I am not sure I am doing this right.
The 770 has 2 DVI-D ports, 1 HDMI and 1 Displayport.
I am running 2 DVI-D screens through the appropriate ports and one DVI-D through the Display Port via an adapter.

Unfortunately the one running the adapter cannot go to 144hz.
Is there a setting I have to enable? I hear this was the proper set up.

Thanks in advance

bignastyid

Titan
What is the model of the adapter? Is the adapter dual link or single link? The single link adapters are cheap and will only support 60Hz the duallink adapters are hard to find and usually expensive but will do 1080p@144Hz.

indridcoldxx

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Hi there.
The adapter is indeed dual link dvi to display port.
Unfortunately there is no branding on it, as I nabbed it from leftover adapters at work.

indridcoldxx

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014

This is what it looks like. ( the bottom one). Is there 2 different Dual Link styles or something?

tuzbC.png

@James Mason
How so?

indridcoldxx

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014

I don't understand what you mean. How can I play it on 144hz on low settings if I can't select it from my display and screen options on windows?

Forgot to mention but these are 3 1080p monitors

indridcoldxx

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014

So I am looking for a single-link adapter? (I am in canada and none of these show up on amazon)
Would it be called male to female? Or any that are called Single Link

bignastyid

Titan
No you need a dual link adapter. Im fairly certain you already have a single link adapter which is why 144Hz isnt an option. I was using that amazon link to show you a dual link and single link adapter can look the same.

indridcoldxx

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014

Ok Thank you.

So as long as I search for dual link dvi to display port on newegg for example, I should be fine, right?

The problem, is all those adapters convert DISPLAYPORT to Dual-link DVI.

You need the other way around.

And I actually dont think it exists. If you had a 144hz DVI dual link display you could just use a DVI Dual link cable.

indridcoldxx

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
I wish I could. My 770 has 2 dual link dvis only though.
If I were to upgrade to a 1070 I'd have to buy 2-3 active dvid-dp adapters costing me nearly 500$
Is this the only option?

oh nevermind, i thought you had 3 displayport monitors.

Yeah you need an active converter that actually says it will convert it to 144hz 1080p, like this one:
https://www.startech.com/ca/AV/Displayport-Converters/Active-DisplayPort-Dual-Link-DVI-Video-Adapter-Converter~DP2DVID2
Though this appears to be the same model:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7RD2WW0412&cm_re=Displayport_to_dual_link_dvi-_-12-400-320-_-Product

Upgrading to the 1070 is gonna kind of screw you over, because then you'll need 3 of those to run your displays. Would have been cheaper to just spend the extra for displayport capable monitors.