GTX960 can't detece or recognize my 4 port VGA splitter

mateoo21

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
My new PC its has geforce gtx 960 and i connect it to my 4 port vga splitter for projectors in our church the pc recognize the splitter but i dont have any access to change my display so basically i have a monitor and 2 projectors but what i have in my monitor is showing as well in my 2 projectors. I need to control to every projectors so i can access everything please help me

Solution
There's no such thing as a 4 way "splitter", only 4 way "cloner". If you need independent streams, you need four separate VGA outputs, usually 1xDVI to VGA and 1x DP to VGA and one HDMI to VGA, VGA only, or a second DP to VGA. You might be able to find a DP MST to VGA converter, but I am betting those are out of your price range.

If you want projectors to have one image and monitor a second, simply connect the projectors to the splitter, and both the splitter and monitor to independent ports on the graphics card. After that, press Windows+P and select "Extension" (all versions since 2000)
There's no such thing as a 4 way "splitter", only 4 way "cloner". If you need independent streams, you need four separate VGA outputs, usually 1xDVI to VGA and 1x DP to VGA and one HDMI to VGA, VGA only, or a second DP to VGA. You might be able to find a DP MST to VGA converter, but I am betting those are out of your price range.

If you want projectors to have one image and monitor a second, simply connect the projectors to the splitter, and both the splitter and monitor to independent ports on the graphics card. After that, press Windows+P and select "Extension" (all versions since 2000)

Solution