[SOLVED] GTX970-29 Celsius degrees idle after start a game 100 degrees

Nov 29, 2019
Hello,

Patient is gtx 970 and its really weird because after when i changed thermal grease ( i do this twice a year ) my graphic card in indle is super ok its arround 29-30 celsius but when i start any game(its even on menu game) gpu usage rise in 1 sek to 100% and gpu temp is around 100 celsius.Weird thing is when i just ALT+tab to desktop the temperature drops immediately to 30 and when i return to game its again 100c in 2 sek. Fans are ok, they are loud when i start play. I checked 3 times if i put thermal grease ok and its fine i think its something with OS (windows). I have reinstalled drivers and checked for viruses.

Any sugestions?

My pc is
cpu: intel i5-4690k
gpu: gigabyte gtx 970 G1 gaming
psu: bq quiet! power zone 750W

Solution
I saw a video or two, in which they showed that they had 80c at one point in a game, after they applied thermal paste it dropper by few degrees, from 2-5 nothing too big, after the 2 years of usage GPU becomes a less operative in ways of temps, they will get higher and higher even if you put thermal paste there, heatsink is old i ques, replacement every 2-3 year would be good. Thats from what I heard, not sure what is true about that and what is not.

ViktorHX

Commendable
Nov 24, 2019
I saw a video or two, in which they showed that they had 80c at one point in a game, after they applied thermal paste it dropper by few degrees, from 2-5 nothing too big, after the 2 years of usage GPU becomes a less operative in ways of temps, they will get higher and higher even if you put thermal paste there, heatsink is old i ques, replacement every 2-3 year would be good. Thats from what I heard, not sure what is true about that and what is not.

Solution