Guide on pc build without esd mat?

Jul 16, 2018
I want to build my PC tomorrow.Anyone please guide me how to build PC without esd mat and wrist strap without discharging electric shock.Can I build it on a wooden table near walls ??.
My build:-

Mobo-Gigabyte S2H A320 .
Ram-corsair value select (4*2)=8gb
Psu-corsair vs450.
Cpu-AMD Ryzen 3 2200g.
Case-corsair Spec 4.
HDD-HP 1 TB internal Hard drive.

Solution
yes, easily. I haven't used a wrist strap for years... lotsa years. If your home is subject to lots of static electricity (usually a winter thing), then simply remember to touch the case or some other large conductive item to discharge yourself before handling electronics. You may even want to install the PSU first and plug it in. (Leave it turned off, of course). That way if your home wiring is properly grounded, any ESD will discharge to earth ground when you touch the metal of the case.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
yes, easily. I haven't used a wrist strap for years... lotsa years. If your home is subject to lots of static electricity (usually a winter thing), then simply remember to touch the case or some other large conductive item to discharge yourself before handling electronics. You may even want to install the PSU first and plug it in. (Leave it turned off, of course). That way if your home wiring is properly grounded, any ESD will discharge to earth ground when you touch the metal of the case.

Solution
Jul 16, 2018

Jul 16, 2018
Thank you clutchc.Another query is there here rain is falling weather is cloudy so in this condition can I built it ?another thing is that I have room corners filled with cardboard boxes does it will effect on me in respect of esd

Jul 16, 2018