Dec 4, 2007
get your graphs and test setup to match:

Radeon HD 6450 512 MB GDDR5
Radeon HD 6670 512 MB DDR3
Radeon HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5
Radeon HD 6850 1 GB GDDR5
Radeon HD 7870 2 GB GDDR5
Radeon HD 7970 3 GB GDDR5

where's the 6850 in the graphs ? There's a 6870 instead ...

EzioAs

Distinguished
Interesting. The less-than-$100-without-external-power-connector Radeon 7750 is a balance card providing appealing visual while still runs good framerates at 1080p. I imagined if you tinker with the Best Appearance preset a little bit you can get better image quality without framerates dropping below 30. I mean let's face it, who plays on their PC without tinkering the settings here and there, that's just stupid.

Great review as always! Really appreciate it

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
I'm disappointed that this neglects the post processing bar when determining if the best appearance setting is enabled when taking in to account processing ability. I have an fx4100 and an hd 7950. How will that do at high grahhics settings?
Duh, we want to know this stuff.

EzioAs

Distinguished

Although it's probably a typo, there's probably no need to use the 6850 as well since the 7770 should perform similar

serhat359

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]I'm disappointed that this neglects the post processing bar when determining if the best appearance setting is enabled when taking in to account processing ability. I have an fx4100 and an hd 7950. How will that do at high grahhics settings?Duh, we want to know this stuff.[/citation]
It will be cpu limited, you'll get around 35-40fps

[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Guild wars 2 min system requirements is Core 2 Duo 2.0 Geforce 7800, I would like u to test base on that too.[/citation]
gpu wise, the gt version of the 7800 will perform about the same level as the 6450 in question. a low end core 2 duo will be on the lower end of the cpu chart.

burmese_dude

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Playing mine on EVGA GTX 570 SC... everything runs smoothly. The game is absolutely great. I was a 50/50 member of GW1 and I was hoping GW2 wouldn't disappoint. GW2 truly delivers fun experience and entertainment without having to shell out 10 or 15 monthly. My gaming laptop with GT 650M with output to 1080p display to a TV also performed smoothly in medium setting. I haven't tried max setting though on that.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Ugh really hate developers who do that. Its not just low performance with the Bulldozer cores. Its almost purpostantial performance loss, or a big error in coding. Heard that sometimes with Bulldozer everything gets piled onto 1 core like the engine has no idea what to do with the architecture.
Also DX9, are they serious? THIS IS 2012. DX10 is 6 years old. Get with it already and learn to code a game engine. Its not like this is a multi-platform game.

[citation][nom]burmese_dude[/nom]Playing mine on EVGA GTX 570 SC... everything runs smoothly. The game is absolutely great. I was a 50/50 member of GW1 and I was hoping GW2 wouldn't disappoint. GW2 truly delivers fun experience and entertainment without having to shell out 10 or 15 monthly. My gaming laptop with GT 650M with output to 1080p display to a TV also performed smoothly in medium setting. I haven't tried max setting though on that.[/citation]

the 650m will perform similarish to the 7750 in question

[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]Ugh really hate developers who do that. Its not just low performance with the Bulldozer cores. Its almost purpostantial performance loss, or a big error in coding. Heard that sometimes with Bulldozer everything gets piled onto 1 core like the engine has no idea what to do with the architecture.Also DX9, are they serious? THIS IS 2012. DX10 is 6 years old. Get with it already and learn to code a game engine. Its not like this is a multi-platform game.[/citation]

being dx9, it allows users who still use windows XP to play without someone creating a mod or use the directx hack to force xp to run it. I mean skyrim also runs on DX9

mmstick

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
This definitely shows us that the way GW2 was compiled does not favour AMD instructions or architecture, but is compiled in such an inefficient manner that it only supports Intel.

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
A dual core SB pentium outperforming an 8 core FX.........ROFL!

That really makes you wander, if games/programs really know to put Bulldozer to work. I think it just sits there, idling at least 50% of processor raw power.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i have a question...

intel has moved on from their core2 line, and came out with higher preforming parts, amd has moved from athlon and phenom line to... a new architecture, i dont know if they match the old one yet or not.

but when you are doing a cpu test on a game like this where its very scaleable, it would be nice to see the core 2 dual and quad, also a phenom dual tri and quad core (from what i understand athlon and phenom for most gaming scenarios are the same) because many of us have the old dual core, and quad core cpus, and dont feel the need to upgrade because its just not nessassary for normal computer use yet.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]rdc85[/nom]I'm wonder how my pII x4 955BE will perform, there none in the chart...Anyone know? at stock speed and at 3.8 O.C....[/citation]
from what i know, above the current amd line, but below the intel.

mmstick

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]from what i know, above the current amd line, but below the intel.[/citation]
No, my Phenom II X4 955BE was destroyed by the current AMD line.

Status
Not open for further replies.