Question Guys my pc crashed when i was watching yt.

Aug 31, 2019
This happend few days ago when i bought new components. I didn't reinstall windows and my computer was shutting down/crashing. Everyone told me to reinstall windows, i did and i stopped for a day. Now it happend again. All drivers are installed and everything. What could be the problem. Before my pc turns off sound starts glitching and then it reboots itself.
MB - A320M-K
CPU - Ryzen 3 1200
RAM - 8gb GEIL 2666mhz
PSU - LC600H-12
SSD
HDD

Hard to say.

You mention new components but not they are. It's possible with the change in components if the issue wasn't present before. With certain component changes, especially motherboard, then a fresh Windows installation is a safer option. You also don't list a graphics card.

Aug 31, 2019
Hard to say.

You mention new components but not they are. It's possible with the change in components if the issue wasn't present before. With certain component changes, especially motherboard, then a fresh Windows installation is a safer option. You also don't list a graphics card.
My gpu is GT740
I installed windows and it happend again.

Aug 31, 2019
Guys i have a new problem. I was playing rainbow six siege for 2h and i got some green and purple artifacts and everything froze and sound was glitchy a had to turn my pc off with the power button. Everything is new except my gpu and hdd. This happened to me before the upgrade and i ignored it and everything was fine. First i thought it was temps but my gpu doesn't go over 52c. Then i updated my gpu drivers because i didn't use my pc for a while then this happened maybe drivers were cause of this or something
Nvidia GT 740
AMD Ryzen 3 1200
Geil 8gb
Asus A320M-K
Thermaltake Smart Rgb 500w
Everything is working fine in other games or youtube.
I thing the problem was that i didn't update drivers(but it happened before so idk) or my gpu is just not powerful enough for r6 siege(i know it's not powerful enough but i get stable 60fps everything on minimum and resolution 720p). I can play other games without this problem.

Probably better to start a new thread, but artifacting... personally would suspect a graphics card issue.

See if you can boot into safe mode and see if the problem is replicated. If it is then there's a possibility the graphics card is failing.

You mention an upgrade except for the graphics card and HDD. Did you reinstall Windows? If you didn't then that's a potential cause of some performance issues too.

Aug 31, 2019
Probably better to start a new thread, but artifacting... personally would suspect a graphics card issue.

See if you can boot into safe mode and see if the problem is replicated. If it is then there's a possibility the graphics card is failing.

You mention an upgrade except for the graphics card and HDD. Did you reinstall Windows? If you didn't then that's a potential cause of some performance issues too.
I have ssd aswell with fresh windows. Problem is happening when i play r6 siege. I can use my pc for normal stuff and play less demanding games. I think my gpu is not powerful enough and it has problem with running r6 siege. Because i stress tested my gpu everything was fine i can use my pc for everything else. I am probably going to save money for a new gpu. This one is 4 years old and i can't play a lot of games so i'm getting a new one as soon as i can. That was my plan before this issue anyways. I will get you more information about the problem if it happens again. Thanks :D

Aug 31, 2019
The only other thing I can think of is the PSU. Is it the one you mention in your first post? Not familiar with that one, and certainly would recommend upgrading to a better quality one when possible.
It's not the psu i got the new one thermaltake smart rgb 500w. It happened again i was watching youtube for a long time(4-5h) and everything froze sound was glitchy and i restarted my pc. This time no artifacts maybe it was different because i installed newest drivers. I will try installing drivers that i know work okay and see if it happens again. But i want to know if it could be something else other then gpu. Everything just froze and sound was glitchy, no artifacts this time.

Aug 31, 2019
You've mentioned GPU temperature previously, have you checked on the CPU temperature as well to see if those are normal?
CPU Temps are normal. I don't know what it is. What can i try. I tried installing older drivers and nvidia installer installed 388. version i downloaded 401. I will continue using my pc with older drivers to see if it works. If you have something else i can try please tell me.

Let's just have a recap (to keep track of things).

Things already tried/tested:

Reinstalled Windows
Updated GPU drivers
Checked GPU temperature
Checked CPU temperature

Common thread is the crash/freeze happens after a period of usage. Following the driver side of things did you use DDU to clean install the driver? Might be worth a try if you haven't already: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

The only other alternative I can see, for the time being, is if it's possible to borrow a graphics card and see if the problem still persists. If it doesn't then it will start looking like the suspected graphics card issue.

Aug 31, 2019
Let's just have a recap (to keep track of things).

Things already tried/tested:

Reinstalled Windows
Updated GPU drivers
Checked GPU temperature
Checked CPU temperature

Common thread is the crash/freeze happens after a period of usage. Following the driver side of things did you use DDU to clean install the driver? Might be worth a try if you haven't already: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

The only other alternative I can see, for the time being, is if it's possible to borrow a graphics card and see if the problem still persists. If it doesn't then it will start looking like the suspected graphics card issue.
I did all of that. I thing after that happened my screen is weird, blacks are faded and everything is little white. I think my gpu is probably dying and that's the reason of artifacts and faded blacks. My wallpaper used to look clean now it's like i bleached it.
PS. Sorry for my english, not my native language.

Aug 31, 2019
It's a list of what you said you tried to help us keep track of things.

As mentioned it sounds like a graphics card issue which is why I mentioned the alternative way to check is to borrow one if possible.
I don't understand what you mean with this. I tried updating drivers, clean drivers with ddu, installed older ones, temps are fine. If it's a problem with my gpu and nothing else then i probably can't do anything else to fix it. I just want to know if it could be something else that is not working properly.

"It's a list of what you said you tried to help us keep track of things."
It's a list of the things you said you tried to fix the problem you're experiencing. It's not a list of suggestions for you to try because you've already tried them. It is simply to help remind us, or anyone else reading, know what has been tried but has not worked.

"As mentioned it sounds like a graphics card issue which is why I mentioned the alternative way to check is to borrow one if possible."
It sounds more and more like a graphics card issue, ie. a hardware issue. If changing drivers and other software fixes (like reinstalling Windows) doesn't help, then another way to test is with known working hardware. If another graphics card works without the same issue occurring then the issue is confined to your graphics card.

Could something else be the cause? Maybe. But I don't believe we know enough to determine it.

Aug 31, 2019
It's a list of the things you said you tried to fix the problem you're experiencing. It's not a list of suggestions for you to try because you've already tried them. It is simply to help remind us, or anyone else reading, know what has been tried but has not worked.

"As mentioned it sounds like a graphics card issue which is why I mentioned the alternative way to check is to borrow one if possible."
It sounds more and more like a graphics card issue, ie. a hardware issue. If changing drivers and other software fixes (like reinstalling Windows) doesn't help, then another way to test is with known working hardware. If another graphics card works without the same issue occurring then the issue is confined to your graphics card.

Could something else be the cause? Maybe. But I don't believe we know enough to determine it.
Thank you. I'll see if i can borrow a graphics card from someone. But i don't know how to test it because it's random after a few hours. I'm going to see if it happens again with these drivers and if it does i'll borrow a gpu and see if it happens again. I'll keep you updated if something happens. Thanks again :)

Aug 31, 2019

Hey something else happened, I wanted to test if my pc still has the problem and i started rainbow and my pc just restarted when the game was about to open. I check if i have kernel-power in event viewer but there is none so i think reboot has something to do with my gpu. Maybe my pc realised something's wrong and rebooted. Then i tried playing the game again and everything was fine. Is it still the gpu or something else, could it be ram or hdd(my hdd is very old but i have a ssd with windows). Please help, thanks.

Aug 31, 2019
Hey something else happened, I wanted to test if my pc still has the problem and i started rainbow and my pc just restarted when the game was about to open. I check if i have kernel-power in event viewer but there is none so i think reboot has something to do with my gpu. Maybe my pc realised something's wrong and rebooted. Then i tried playing the game again and everything was fine. Is it still the gpu or something else, could it be ram or hdd(my hdd is very old but i have a ssd with windows). Please help, thanks.
Rebooted again. When i was trying to update my drivers it just rebooted and wouldn't install drivers. I did the ram test everything is good, hdd is good. It's probably the gpu. What do you think

PsychicShadow

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2015
Rebooted again. When i was trying to update my drivers it just rebooted and wouldn't install drivers. I did the ram test everything is good, hdd is good. It's probably the gpu. What do you think
you could try to clean the graphics card pcb with some 99%alcohol to see if its just corrosion from the moisture in the air its a 4-6 year old card so could be it and try plugging screen into a different port clean ports first just to rule that out

Aug 31, 2019
you could try to clean the graphics card pcb with some 99%alcohol to see if its just corrosion from the moisture in the air its a 4-6 year old card so could be it and try plugging screen into a different port clean ports first just to rule that out
I'm going to try that. But could it be something else. I want to be sure before buying new one. I don't have another card so i can't test it. I think it's the gpu but mayb something else i don't know. What do you think?

Aug 31, 2019
Guys i sent my pc to pc repair shop and they tested it and say my ssd has problems and i should return it and get a new one. First i thought it's probably not that but i saw that one guy had the same problem and his ssd died and he used his hdd for everything and it worked. I'm going to send my ssd and see if problem still happens.

Aug 31, 2019
Unfortunately it happened again without my ssd. But i think it's a problem with my hdd aswell they also told me that. My hdd health is at 25% and it's a 9 year old hdd. I'm going to get a new hdd and see if my pc reboots. Also this time pc just rebooted no artifacts and i have a kernel power error 41 in event viewer. I'll keep you updated if something happens.