Question GX551QS-XS98 Zephyrus Duo SE 15 Main Display Only Uses Integrated Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

auudreeyy

Prominent
Aug 15, 2021
Hi. I recently purchased a GX551QS-XS98 model ROG Zephyrus Duo SE 15. It claims to have a FHD 300hz panel. This seems to be true, but the laptop literally will not allow me to run the main display off of the actual graphics card in the system no matter what I do, it always runs off of the integrated graphics, meaning that I cannot access that 300hz.

I have tried:
  • Nvidia control panel, which claims that Windows handles the selection of the graphics card now, which I can't seem to sort out. Nevertheless, just to be sure, I set the preference to the Nvidia GPU to no effect.
  • ]Disabling the integrated graphics device, in which instance it changed the display adapter to Windows Basic Display Driver. Nvidia control panel stopped detecting that the GPU was connected to the display at all.
  • I am running in ASUS' Turbo mode while plugged into the wall at all times.
  • ASUS' iGPU mode is disabled.
ASUS support has been completely unhelpful and basically a brick wall thus far. What do I do to make it so that I can get the display to prefer the actual GPU over the integrated graphics?

Last edited:

auudreeyy

Prominent
Aug 15, 2021
When you go in to device manager and click on display adapters what does it show?
kbTtzms.png

auudreeyy

Prominent
Aug 15, 2021
Hello!
Have you actually tried to access the 300Hz via Display Settings, going to the bottom for the advanced display settings to open a window where you can access display properties and set monitor refresh rate before writing?
Here's a link - https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-monitor-refresh-rate-windows-10

Yes, many times. The display settings in Windows offer me only 60hz unless I step the resolution down to 1680x1050, at which point 300hz becomes available, which I suspect is a consequence of the integrated graphics requiring a lower resolution to manage 300hz. At native, Windows only displays 60hz.

SlavfromBulgaria

Commendable
Apr 29, 2020
Yes, many times. The display settings in Windows offer me only 60hz unless I step the resolution down to 1680x1050, at which point 300hz becomes available, which I suspect is a consequence of the integrated graphics requiring a lower resolution to manage 300hz. At native, Windows only displays 60hz.
Have you downloaded the marketed software for the laptop?

ROG Armory Crate

Status
Not open for further replies.