Gygabyte X99-UD5 boot loop, no post…

CinetuneMusic

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
Hi there!
My first post here. So, a short background. I ordered parts to a new build in november (2014..), and I've been struggling with these problems since then.
Well, the problem is that I've never managed to get the system running.
This is my first build, so I am pretty lost right now.. My parts:

MB: Gygabyte X99-UD5 Wifi
CPU: Intel 5820K i7
Cooler: Corsair H60 watercooler
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760
PSU: Corsair 600M 600W
RAM: Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133MHz
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO Series SSD 1TB

When I fire up the computer, the fans get spinning and the lights turns on, after apron. 10s it shuts down and turns on again. I don't get any picture on screen. I've flashed the BIOS with Q-flash without problems. When I turn the computer on, the issue remains.
The only error beep code I get is short beeps, continuing until the computer shuts down.

I've separately tried all parts, adding and removing. Same issue.
I've tried different RAM-slots with different amount of RAM sticks. I've tried fire up with only the cooler, CPU and PSU connected. Same issue, same beep code.

After a few weeks of struggling I contacted Gygabyte and they suggested me to RMA the MB. And so I did. They claimed me bending the pins on the CPU socket and I needed to buy a new MB. And so I did. And issue remains.

I am in a situation right now, willing to do almost anything, just to get the computer to work.
Any suggestions?

I know for sure that the PSU is working. I've tried it on other computers and it runs well! Can it happen that the CPU is damaged? Or maybe the cooler?

I am thankful for any help!
Best,
Henrik

stretcho44

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015
I am not sure how you flashed the BIOS without a display? It sounded like you never had anything display on the screen.

What does the DEBUG LED code say?
The code number tranlations are in the manual page 120.
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-x99-ud5-wifi_e.pdf

If the PSU is working, there will be a DEBUG LED code. If the DEBUG LED is blank and you have verified the PSU, then I would try getting the screen working by dropping back on the display board It might be that the 30 amps of +12 volts the 760 needs is too much for the supply when combined with other components. I think it would be best if you used a display board that did not need the supplementary power connections on the board edge. I am assuming that you got the extra 150 watts to the it via the two 6-bin connectors correctly.

The 5820k does not have any graphics onboard so the system depends on the display board working.

The GTX 760 spec indicates that it needs 30amp on the +12 volt rail. The power supply seems to support 47 amps on a single rail so the GTX 760 is OK unless the rest of the system needs more than 17 additional amps of +12.

CinetuneMusic

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015

CinetuneMusic

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015

CinetuneMusic

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
Hi,

Thanks a LOT For your answer! By removing and trying different kind of combination with the RAM memories, I manager finally to get My system to boot. Everything worked just fine and I could install my OS on it.
So, now I tried to add the rest of my RAM, and everythimg just turned back again. Now I am not Even able to use the combination that previously worked... :/
The DEBUG codes goes between 50-53, well the RAM is obviously the problem.. In fel RAM sockets the DEBUG code says 61.

Should I RMA My RAM?

Thanks!

CinetuneMusic

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015

Thanks for your help. My problems still remains though.
I checked CPU socket for bent pins. I checked carefully, I even used a magnifying glass. Couldn't see any bent pins..

I got brand new Crucial DDR4 RAM memories and tried, but the problem remains.

I get different DEBUG codes on the different RAM slots (tried with single RAM stick):

1A = 53 (Memory initialization error occurs)
2A = b0 (Runtime AP installation begins)
1B = 53
2B = b0

2D = b0
1D = 50 (Memory initialization error occurs)
2C = b0
1C = 50

Any ideas?

CinetuneMusic

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015

Thanks for your reply. But I actually did that already.. Same DEBUG errors.
I fear that the motherboard is somehow defected. Do anyone have bad experience with the Gigabyte X99-UD5 board or am I just unlucky?

CinetuneMusic

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015

Thanks a lot for your help.
I guess that's how it's going to be. I just hate all the RMA process.. :) Last time they made me pay for a new MOBO, claimed me for bending the pins.. :/

CinetuneMusic

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015

I'll do that! I hope I'll not drop my camera on it and bend the pins..! :)
Thanks a lot!

CinetuneMusic

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
Hi!
I finally got it to work. Actually I am not 100% how and why. But I figured out that the way I pushed in the RAM memory wasn't properly. I realized that because I got different DEBUG codes when I inserted One RAM stick in the same RAM slot.

What You need to do is to push the RAM stick evenly, Place at least fingers on each sade and One finger on the very Middle of the stick whe You push it. It mustn't have any gaps anywhere.

It is hard to explain, but just push it evenly and look at the different DEBUG codes You get!

I hope You get it to work, because the mobo is really great!

Best,
Henrik

Remco_C

Reputable
Sep 20, 2015

Great!, that's good to hear. I'll try that.

Then I have just one more question, the 2 bios switches. (dual/main/backup) Any idea how they should be switched? could be that I've changed it and now I'm not sure what the default settings was. should have wrote it down... :S