h100i v2 fans ramping up to 2840RPM for no reason!

AqwBroders

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
Hi! as the title suggest, I have a h100i v2 AIO for my i7 3930k which I have a slight overclock (0.2Ghz over boostspeed). My pump is working as it should, I have custom fan curve to run at 60% when liquid temp is at 40cº. But for some reason my fans ramp up to 2840rpm when I am doing literally nothing, having cpu at 3% usage and temp being around 36cº. My CPU usually idle around 40-45cº which is also quite high for idle temps of a 3930k but I am not worried about that. I am worried about why my fans are going so high for no reason when the custom fan curve is put to 60% at 40cº. 60% is also the highest it is suppossed to go.

I can not for the life of me figure this out, Corsair Link is kinda wonky, I can put the fans to silence mode and they still spin at 2840 rpm. I looked it up and the fans are only suppossed to go to 2435 rpm? correct me if I am wrong.

My full PC specs can be found below.

AqwBroders

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016

Hi, sorry for responding so late, haven't used my PC due to the noise driving me crazy.
I've fixed the issue by creating a Custom Fan Curve that looks the same as "quiet" mode but keeps the fan at 1440RPM instead of the 2840RPM quiet mode brings me up in.
Every crve preset mode that Corsair has made that is not Custom Curve seems to ramp up the fans for some reason. Older version also is not the fix as I had an older version but updated it because I thought updating would fix it.

If it is the same as my h115i, it is set to monitor the wrong temp. i set it and remove it, at least on the h115i you can make your settings and curves the device default.

I think it is monitoring CPU core temp but in reality you want to monitor water temp and set fans according to that. Doesn't make much sense to ramp up the fans based on the core temp if the water temp is nominal (blasting the fans doesn't help with those random temp spikes).