[SOLVED] H100i v2 pump stopped working randomly

Oct 8, 2020
Okay so I had an issue when I first installed a new i5 9600k. My cpu pump stopped working! I managed to fix it but I’m not sure how that happened, I just played about with the bios to make sure it was on all the time. However, my pc went to sleep last night because I forgot to turn it off. I then turned it back on before bed and shut it down fully after it had been on sleep mode for about 2/3 hours. This morning I turned it on, all fans running at 100% but the icue software is saying that the pump isn’t running at all. So is the MSI Dragon centre. I went back into bios and it’s still getting 12v constantly so there’s been no change in the bios. I’m a bit confused, does anyone have any ideas?

Solution
NEW UPDATE: I’m an idiot basically😂. I didn’t even think of this tbh, my USB header for the pump had come loose when I had moved my NZXT LED controller. It was moved slightly and only one pin was slightly pulled away from the mobo and that was the issue. Pump is now running at full power, thank you for your suggestions!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Msi dragon center can be an issue. It has reporting software and can conflict with other reporting software, either giving false readings, changing header settings etc. It's a decent boost for a basic pc, but once you get more involved and specific, like with the use of iCue, it's usefulness declines.

That'll happen with many software titles, it's like trying to run 2 different anti-virus simultaneously, they are designed to be standalone.

Oct 8, 2020
Msi dragon center can be an issue. It has reporting software and can conflict with other reporting software, either giving false readings, changing header settings etc. It's a decent boost for a basic pc, but once you get more involved and specific, like with the use of iCue, it's usefulness declines.
So what would you suggest? Removing MSI Dragon centre? The thing is, I have turned off it’s permissions. There’s a slider you can turn off so i don’t use it’s ‘profiles’ or ‘gaming mode’ or anything and I’ve turned off the slider that allows for fan control and stuff. I don’t really use it though so should I just uni stall it completely? You think that’ll fix it?

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020
Okay so I’ve uninstalled the SDK from dragon centre and the app itself, I’ve set bios to default and I’m going to try to reset my pump to 100% consistent voltage. What about the icue software? Did you mean I should get rid of that too or that it is useful?
Also, I checked on NZXT CAM (I have the light strips inside my pc), and it is showing n/a next to ‘cpu fan’. I’ve reset all my bios and then changed the pump to 100% and it’s still showing 0rpm in the icue software. Nothing is working and its hitting 100°c on boot, even into bios!

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020
What is the make/model of your motherboard?
Is the pump connected to a port enabled cpu pump where it will always run at 100%

All mechanical parts can fail.
Consider the possibility that your pump has failed.
It’s an MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus, the header that the pump is connected to is the ‘cpu fan’ headed on the mobo as that’s what I was told to do, the pump has done this before but I was able to fix it by tinkering with the bios but I wasn’t sure what was wrong before and I’m not sure what’s wrong now cos last time I just messed about and it magically worked :/

Oct 8, 2020
Connect the pump to the header labelled pump fan1.
That will make the pump run continuously.
If you connect to cpu fan1 the motherboard will control the speed and the pump will not run continuously like it should.
Okay I’ve done that, I will post an update when I’ve checked if it’s worked

UPDATE: it’s now connected to the pump header but is still showing 0rpm in the icue software and the pc is still firing all fans at 100%, it’s still overheating :(

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020
NEW UPDATE: I’m an idiot basically😂. I didn’t even think of this tbh, my USB header for the pump had come loose when I had moved my NZXT LED controller. It was moved slightly and only one pin was slightly pulled away from the mobo and that was the issue. Pump is now running at full power, thank you for your suggestions!

Solution