guymarshall

Honorable
Jan 25, 2015
I have an FX 8350 undervolted to 1.264V at 4.0GHz, and my H110i GTX is brilliant until the liquid gets to 38°, then the fans jump repeatedly between a slow speed and 100%, then stay at 100% once the liquid reaches 40°.

This is really annoying as I thought the liquid could safely get much hotter than this. I have checked the notification area of both Corsair Link 4 and iCUE and the fans are set to go 100% at 55°. I am not sure why the fans are going 100% at only 40° and am wondering if anybody could help me solve this issue.

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
40C isn't very hot in the PC world, either liquid temps or core temps.

But, it could be that the sensor or software for the H110i could be somewhat faulty, or that the fan curve sits right at a point where the threshold causes it to jump up and down.

Is it set to increase at a COOLANT temp of 55C or at a CPU CORE temp of 55C?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer

But, it could be that the sensor or software for the H110i could be somewhat faulty, or that the fan curve sits right at a point where the threshold causes it to jump up and down.

Solution

guymarshall

Honorable
Jan 25, 2015

That's what I thought! I have had this processor since it came out and swapped coolers quite regularly. It is set to increase fans to 100% at 55° liquid temp, and turn off the PC at 60° liquid temp. I am currently doing a large 1080p handbrake with the CPU at 51° and the liquid at 46.1° and it is miles before it is too hot! Guess I will have to live with the noise xD sounds like a jet aircraft when it gets to 40° hahaha