[SOLVED] H110i Performance settings question?

LuffySenpai

Commendable
Aug 6, 2019
Hello there guys, so i got this new corsair h110i cpu cooling and i was messing around with program iCue which is the program that controls the fans for corsair and noticed that mine are set to quiet mode. What's the difference between Quiet, balanced and Extreme? Does it have advantages? If i keep the setting on quiet will it impact performance in games? Cause more input lag? Thanks in advance.

Solution
None at all. As long as usage temps remain below @ 70°C, it really doesn't matter what the temp actually is. It's an aio, it's not directly tied to the cpu the way an aircooler is. Cpu temps are a byproduct basically, the rad dissipates excess energy from the coolant, which usually runs in the 30's, not the 55-70 of the cpu. Aios are almost identical to full custom loops in the way they work, so actual cpu temp really doesn't matter as long as it's in safe levels.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Picture the first half of a bell curve, and thats pretty much what a fan curve looks like, with the top setting of 100% fans at 70°C.

In quiet mode, it's a long, low rise curve with emphasis on keeping fan rpm lower. Temps under loads will be highest as a result.

In standard mode, the curve is a little more aggressive, so noise is reciprocal the the faster fan rpm. Temps are midline.

In performance mode, the curve is the most aggressive, fans will hit high rpm much faster, so temps are lowest.

On my nzxt x61 the difference between performance and silent was 6°C at 100% Prime95 loads, but the fan noise was double at any level. So I sacrificed that 6°C spread (it was 0° difference at idle, 6° at max or about 4°C gaming) for an almost silent pc. It was cool that I could get lower temps if I wanted to, but the cpu running at 51-52° or 55° in gaming loads makes exactly no diffetence to anything but a benchmark.

With coolers of that kind of ability, you have options, lower temps or lower noise or mix of both.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
None at all. As long as usage temps remain below @ 70°C, it really doesn't matter what the temp actually is. It's an aio, it's not directly tied to the cpu the way an aircooler is. Cpu temps are a byproduct basically, the rad dissipates excess energy from the coolant, which usually runs in the 30's, not the 55-70 of the cpu. Aios are almost identical to full custom loops in the way they work, so actual cpu temp really doesn't matter as long as it's in safe levels.

Solution