H110m msi io connecters

michael.vaught1998

Reputable
Jan 1, 2018
I've been messing with the connectors yesterday and today trying to get to them to work. I read the manuels online and physically. Nothing works. The case I have the rosewill challanger only has power sw, hdd led, and reset along with hd audio and the other plugins. Can someone help me please?

Solution
Alright, well that tells us that the power supply isn't working right/not getting the signal to turn on. First thing to check is make sure, on the back of the power supply that you have the voltage selector switch set to where it should be for your region (either 115v USA or 230v Europe).

You can also try forcing the power supply to turn on following these directions (just for testing purposes) http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-power-up-an-ATX-Power-Supply-without-a-PC/ (Unplug the power supply from your computer, we're just testing to see if it'll turn on, and don't plug it into the computer while it's running)

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
What revision of that motherboard are you using?

That sounds like the normal configuration for the case. So, on the f_panel (Front Panel Header) as it's called on your motherboard, when you connect your case switches to the corresponding pins, they aren't working properly, i.e. turning on the computer?

Easiest thing to do is take a screwdriver and short the two power on pins on the mobo (that's all the switch does anyways when you press it), and see if starts. If it doesn't something else is going on.

michael.vaught1998

Reputable
Jan 1, 2018

I got the io front panels fighred out, but the pc still won't turn on. Could the battery be the issue?

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Battery won't prevent your system from turning on. I've seen those things last over a decade anyways.

So, did you try using a screw driver to turn the motherboard on, instead of the button on the case?

michael.vaught1998

Reputable
Jan 1, 2018

Not yet, im a bit cautions. Would bridging the two pins cause damage? Also if I shut it off will it turn back on?

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
No, bridging the pins won't damage anything. That's all the button does; it completes the circuit for a brief moment which tells the power supply to fire up. Touching (don't leave the screwdriver sitting on them) the two power on pins with a screwdriver just lets us bypass the button to make the sure the system is working properly, and isn't an issue with the button which you said you were having trouble figuring out.

michael.vaught1998

Reputable
Jan 1, 2018

I asked about the battery because I read somewhere about cmos needing to be reset. Also I bridged the two pins 6 and 8 and nothing happened.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Alright, well that tells us that the power supply isn't working right/not getting the signal to turn on. First thing to check is make sure, on the back of the power supply that you have the voltage selector switch set to where it should be for your region (either 115v USA or 230v Europe).

You can also try forcing the power supply to turn on following these directions (just for testing purposes) http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-power-up-an-ATX-Power-Supply-without-a-PC/ (Unplug the power supply from your computer, we're just testing to see if it'll turn on, and don't plug it into the computer while it's running)

Solution