[SOLVED] H150i Pro Help! CPU Very Hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PcGamingRig

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Hey all,

I just installed a motherboard, and reapplied some 3rd party thermal paste (Arctic MX-2) and reseated my H150i Pro to it. However, my CPU is running at 60C just on the desktop, which is obviously not right. Am I right in saying the pump plugs into the CPU fan socket, then the 3 fans that are interlinked with an adapter into the AIO pump socket? Then obviously you have the power into the SATA PSU cable, and a USB connection at the bottom of the motherboard.

Anyway, how much thermal paste is recommended for this pump, I tried to replicate the circle of thermal paste the stock came with, but it does not seem to be working. I have a Ryzen 3800x

But its running a well over doubl room temperature at idle, which is not right, as before I put my new MOBO in, it was around 30C in this same instance.

Thanks.

Specs:

x570-F ASUS STRIX Gaming MOBO (Same as before, just replaced)
AMD Ryzen 3800x
RTX 2080ti ASUS ROG STRIX
32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance
Corsair MP600 PCIE SSD (150GB left of 1TB)
PSU: Seasonic 1000w Prime Gold (1 year old)

Last edited:
Solution
ICue is installed, fan are at 100% fixed, and im at 52C idle, according to CoreTemp and GPUZ. The only thing iCue wont let me edit is the pump, its on quiet and I cannot edit it, maybe this is why?
Connect the pump to the PUMP header and the fans to the fan header. Use iCue software to set up the pump and fans.
Hey all,

I just installed a motherboard, and reapplied some 3rd party thermal paste (Arctic MX-2) and reseated my H150i Pro to it. However, my CPU is running at 60C just on the desktop, which is obviously not right. Am I right in saying the pump plugs into the CPU fan socket, then the 3 fans that are interlinked with an adapter into the AIO pump socket? Then obviously you have the power into the SATA PSU cable, and a USB connection at the bottom of the motherboard.

Anyway, how much thermal paste is recommended for this pump, I tried to replicate the circle of thermal paste the stock came with, but it does not seem to be working. I have a Ryzen 3800x

But its running a well over doubl room temperature at idle, which is not right, as before I put my new MOBO in, it was around 30C in this same instance.

Thanks.
Did you even read the quick start guide included with the cooler? Did you Install iCue?

Status
Not open for further replies.