[SOLVED] h3LP INTEL OR AMD

ac13044

Honorable
Mar 25, 2016
Looking for help on a bulid I have picked 2 cpus that I have thought about

I5 11600k or ryzen 9 5800x or any of the 5000 series it has to be pci 4.0 as i will be using it for
also so i wont have to upgrade for a bit like 3-5 years

multitasking loads of apps or windows open
internet browsing loads of tabs open
streaming
media player love my music

Music production
ableton load of samples and vsts
Djing on traktor

gaming on xbox app not steam
crossplay gen etc

Solution
neither will allow for a cpu upgrade down the road, both will allow for any other upgrade you wish later on.

for me personally, AMD is the way to go right now. cheaper overall and MUCH LESS power used, which means MUCH LESS heat produced and MUCH LESS cooling needed.

it's a no brainer right now to go for AMD until intel gets their smaller node working and we see what those can do. but 250+w to accomplish the same thing AMD does on 100w is not worth it. cheaper overall for the amd system at this time.
Looking for help on a bulid I have picked 2 cpus that I have thought about

I5 11600k or ryzen 9 5800x or any of the 5000 series it has to be pci 4.0 as i will be using it for
also so i wont have to upgrade for a bit like 3-5 years

multitasking loads of apps or windows open
internet browsing loads of tabs open
streaming
media player love my music

Music production
ableton load of samples and vsts
Djing on traktor

gaming on xbox app not steam
crossplay gen etc

Pick the motherboards too and then which combo is cheaper and has the better features. But the 11600K is starting at a deficit with only 6 cores/12 threads up against 8 Zen 3 cores/16 threads.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
neither will allow for a cpu upgrade down the road, both will allow for any other upgrade you wish later on.

for me personally, AMD is the way to go right now. cheaper overall and MUCH LESS power used, which means MUCH LESS heat produced and MUCH LESS cooling needed.

it's a no brainer right now to go for AMD until intel gets their smaller node working and we see what those can do. but 250+w to accomplish the same thing AMD does on 100w is not worth it. cheaper overall for the amd system at this time.

Solution