[SOLVED] H500M Best aio setup

Jan 28, 2022
So i bought a h500m and im a little confused about where my aio should go, i got a 5800x and a 2080 super Ventus, on my 1st thought i got the classic top mounted but the radiator going on the outside part of the case, and on my 2nd thought i got mounting It with the 2x 200mm front fans in a push&pull config with the rad and 3x 120mm fans inside of the case, but i have seen that this configuration makes the gpu hotter so i need help, ty

Last edited:
Solution
In a more common air cooled cpu and air cooled gpu system, the gpu, when it is active, usually 'takes a dump' on the cpu cooler. The gpu also tends to be the bigger heat producer between the 2 parts. Top mounted cpu AIO isn't that much different.
Front mounted cpu AIO, it's the cpu dumping on the gpu.

One is going to dump on the other, with the exception of cpu tower air cooler + blower/turbo gpu.

and on my 2nd thought i got mounting It with the 2x 200mm front fans, but i have seen that this configuration makes the gpu hotter...
The acrylic window at the top is probably playing a hand in that. It helps to promote a positive pressure with the 200mm front intake fans.
There may be a bit of heavy air resistance with the combo of...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
In a more common air cooled cpu and air cooled gpu system, the gpu, when it is active, usually 'takes a dump' on the cpu cooler. The gpu also tends to be the bigger heat producer between the 2 parts. Top mounted cpu AIO isn't that much different.
Front mounted cpu AIO, it's the cpu dumping on the gpu.

One is going to dump on the other, with the exception of cpu tower air cooler + blower/turbo gpu.

and on my 2nd thought i got mounting It with the 2x 200mm front fans, but i have seen that this configuration makes the gpu hotter...
The acrylic window at the top is probably playing a hand in that. It helps to promote a positive pressure with the 200mm front intake fans.
There may be a bit of heavy air resistance with the combo of fan bracket, the window, and the grilles for the 200mm fans if you were to put them up there.
200mm fans can move a lot of air, but have low static pressure, and thus don't do very well with lots of obstacles. So they're best kept behind open mesh panels.

On the other hand, the same could apply to the AIO. The radiator itself is a source of air resistance, and stacks with the other obstacles up there.
Unlike the 200mm fans, the AIO's fans have higher rpms and static pressure for pushing through obstacles. That also means they're louder can get louder, so your ears will determine how far that gets you.

TL;DR: Test both configs and find out. You could be forever guessing if you choose not to.

Solution