[SOLVED] H510 Elite + Kraken X62

geekgamer5902

Prominent
Nov 12, 2018
So the Elite has 2 Aer RGB 140mm fans. And the X62 has 2 normal 140mm fans. Should I attach the RGB ones to the X62 on the other side? Or replace the X62 fans (is that even possible?) with the RGB fans? And then attach one of the extra 140mm to the top? Advice please. I'm using a Pulse 5700 XT and a 3700X.

Solution
So if I stick em on the opposite side (total of 4 fans on the cooler) it wouldn't have any adverse effects? Due to the static pressure thing? Airflow will still be better, not worse, right?

Can you do it, yes. I have on radiator set as push and pull but like I already said RGB fans are t made for high airflow. You have to choose fancy lights that only you see almost never because you are looking at your monitor, not inside your case, or the best airflow. I chose airflow.

geekgamer5902

Prominent
Nov 12, 2018
Up to you. The fans that come on the x62 are usually better than RGB fans. Radiator fans also need higher static pressure instead of just CFM airflow. I don’t use RGB fans but they will work, just not as well.
So if I stick em on the opposite side (total of 4 fans on the cooler) it wouldn't have any adverse effects? Due to the static pressure thing? Airflow will still be better, not worse, right?

I'd just stick with the fans that are already in the cooler. You don't want the fans fighting each other for airflow. Look up the specs for the rgb fans and compare with the specs of the coolers fans. Depending on sp rating you may be able to use the rgb fans instead.

https://www.nzxt.com/products/aer-p
These are the cooler fans. And have a much higher sp rating vs the rgb specs. Here:Fan Specs Aer RGB 2 (140mm)
Speed: 500-1,500 RPM
Airflow: 30.39 - 91.19 CFM
Noise: 22 - 33 dBA
Air Pressure: 0.17 – 1.52mm-H2O
Bearing: Fluid Dynamic Bearing
Fan Connector 4-Pin PWM

I'd stick with the fans that the cooler comes with and utilize the rgb fans elsewhere in the case if you wanted. I would not use them on the radiator as they will not perform as well, I would also not use them in addition to the cooler fans.

Can you do it, yes. I have on radiator set as push and pull but like I already said RGB fans are t made for high airflow. You have to choose fancy lights that only you see almost never because you are looking at your monitor, not inside your case, or the best airflow. I chose airflow.

Solution

geekgamer5902

Prominent
Nov 12, 2018
https://www.nzxt.com/products/aer-p
These are the cooler fans. And have a much higher sp rating vs the rgb specs. Here:Fan Specs Aer RGB 2 (140mm)
Speed: 500-1,500 RPM
Airflow: 30.39 - 91.19 CFM
Noise: 22 - 33 dBA
Air Pressure: 0.17 – 1.52mm-H2O
Bearing: Fluid Dynamic Bearing
Fan Connector 4-Pin PWM

I'd stick with the fans that the cooler comes with and utilize the rgb fans elsewhere in the case if you wanted. I would not use them on the radiator as they will not perform as well, I would also not use them in addition to the cooler fans.
Stupid NZXT gives 2 140mm RGB fans with H510 Elite but there's only one 140mm slot elsewhere on it. The whole look of the H510 Elite is ruined if there's no RGB up front :(

TorturedMoon

Reputable
Dec 2, 2019
So the Elite has 2 Aer RGB 140mm fans. And the X62 has 2 normal 140mm fans. Should I attach the RGB ones to the X62 on the other side? Or replace the X62 fans (is that even possible?) with the RGB fans? And then attach one of the extra 140mm to the top? Advice please. I'm using a Pulse 5700 XT and a 3700X.

What did you end up doing? I just got a H510 Elite and X62 and will be building in the next week or two and had the same question about using the case-supplied AER fans on the radiator as opposed to the fans it came with.