Question H61M-K no Erp or Eup Settings in BIOS USB still powered even when the system is shutdown

Jun 6, 2019
Hello, im new here i have been searching on google for a fix with my problems but seem i cant find any. Maybe there is some expert here to help me out, My USB is still powered on when my system or device is shutdown, the Keyboard Mouse and Headset LED are still on and i can't find the ERP / EUP settings on Bios to enabled it my Motherboard is ASUS H61M-K. Thank you :)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If you look in bios, should be under the advanced tab, there should be a listing for the peripherals, that includes the usb settings for off, partial on or full on. The problem there is if you set for off, USB isn't enabled until after post, so with a USB keyboard, you'll have a hard time getting into bios to say the least. Partial on will activate some of the usb at boot or shutdown, but if the keyboard isn't on one of them, then again you get stumped. Full on is all USB ports on at post.
Asus also has dedicated charging/on ports. Asus has a specific green labeled USB that's always on, regardless of bios settings. This is used for fast-charge and bios recovery/update without cpu.

There's also usb settings in windows power plan, turn off all the 'wake timers' except kb/mouse.

Push come to shove, just swap the mouse/kb to a different USB port in the rear until you get one that does what you need.

The EuP settings are located under Windows 8 settings in bios.

Last edited:
Reactions: paul222008
Jun 6, 2019
If you look in bios, should be under the advanced tab, there should be a listing for the peripherals, that includes the usb settings for off, partial on or full on. The problem there is if you set for off, USB isn't enabled until after post, so with a USB keyboard, you'll have a hard time getting into bios to say the least. Partial on will activate some of the usb at boot or shutdown, but if the keyboard isn't on one of them, then again you get stumped. Full on is all USB ports on at post.
Asus also has dedicated charging/on ports. Asus has a specific green labeled USB that's always on, regardless of bios settings. This is used for fast-charge and bios recovery/update without cpu.

There's also usb settings in windows power plan, turn off all the 'wake timers' except kb/mouse.

Push come to shove, just swap the mouse/kb to a different USB port in the rear until you get one that does what you need.

The EuP settings are located under Windows 8 settings in bios.

Thank you for your input, Appreciated :) but there is no Windows 8 settings in H61M-K bios?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's no EuP in that bios that's user accessible. If anything, it's cpu bound so controlled by Windows power settings. Or it's permanently on, meaning it's a state not a switch to be turned off.

Hard to say. My Z77 asus bios is almost identical, but in the advanced tab under cpu config, there's a windows8 tab for CSM compatability and also the EuP switch choices.
That bios is dated Oct 30, 2013 so falls after EuP was enabled. Not sure if the x58 mobo has that option, I believe it pre-dates EuP by a couple of years.

Jun 6, 2019
There's no EuP in that bios that's user accessible. If anything, it's cpu bound so controlled by Windows power settings. Or it's permanently on, meaning it's a state not a switch to be turned off.

Hard to say. My Z77 asus bios is almost identical, but in the advanced tab under cpu config, there's a windows8 tab for CSM compatability and also the EuP switch choices.
That bios is dated Oct 30, 2013 so falls after EuP was enabled. Not sure if the x58 mobo has that option, I believe it pre-dates EuP by a couple of years.

I see, seems that ASUS doesn't want us to enable/disable this feature. :confused_old:

Jun 6, 2019

I found a thread we have a similar board but i think he wont reply anymore haha, anyway what does he mean "Hey man, thanks! I found the USBPWR 1-4 jumper. It was placed on the second and third pins as opposed to the first and second ones. I swapped them around and my USB ports were no longer powered when the PC was off. Thanks!!! "

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If you look at the mobo, it's got several locations with pins just sticking up doing nothing. Many look kinda like the pins the fans plug into. There are some of those ports you actually have a need for, such as the USB2 header, cmos reset jumper, fan headers, audio header etc. Most are asus specific for test probes when a board gets rma'd and you will never use them.

The cmos reset jumper for instance, normally comes 1 of 2 ways. It'll either be 2 pins or 3 and either is just pins or has a small square plastic covered shorting plug on pins 1-2. To reset the cmos, you'd temporarily move that shorting block to pins 2-3 then back to 1-2 for normal operation.

Whomever wrote he'd found the usbpwr block, has found another such header, one that seems to operate power to the usb ports at pc off state. There's a shorting block on pins 2-3, he moved that block to pins 1-2, which seems to be a cure for usb ports retaining power after shutdown. So no more keyboard or mouse power when pc is off.

What he hasn't said is what else that affects. Does it affect his boot up process, where there's no power until windows loads, which will prevent bios access or does it control sleep cycles where the keyboard or mouse will not wake up the pc from sleep etc, forcing a reboot.

If you do follow his advice on pin settings, be aware it can have unintended consequences.