Question H670 + i7-12700 no iGPU output

Oct 16, 2022
Hi,

this is my first post, hopefully I chose the correct forum. I am fairly inexperienced but figured it can't be that complicated to upgrade my system. For the most part, I was right. But there is one issue I can't solve: I can't get any output on the integrated graphics.

New system components:
H670 PG Riptide
i7-12700
+ other stuff like RAM and SSDs but I don't think they are relevant for the question.

Old stuff I still had lying around:
450W power supply
Radeon HD 5570

The system is working perfectly fine if I only use the dedicated graphics card. But I can't get any output on the iGPU (I would like to get rid of the Radeon because I think the iGPU is actually better?).
What I have tried:
  • Without the Radeon, connected monitors to both onboard connectors (Displayport and HDMI): No signal on both monitors, "boot" LED on PSC stays on.
  • With the Radoen installed and "Multi-monitor" option in BIOS enabled: "blinitializelibrary failed 0xc00000bb" error on a black screen, not able to get any further.
I have connected the ATX12V1 connector (ATX12V2 is unconnected but marked optional in the manual).

Any obvious thing I have missed or done wrong?

Thanks,
Jan

Oct 16, 2022
Are you sure you bought the regular 12700? Not 12700F?
At least that is what it says on the invoice (12700 without the F). I am a bit reluctant to remove the cooler and thermal paste to actually check the CPU.
Absent a discrete graphics card, the motherboard should use the integrated graphics of the 12700
Yes, that was my expectation as well. But apparently mine doesn't want to do that.

Not really a problem to keep using my graphics card, but I'd like to connect three monitors. Looks like I might need to buy a new card if I can't get the iGPU to work...

Look in windows device manager/ display adapters.
You should see two, one for your 5570, and one for the integrated adapter.
The integrated adapter should say HD770. The properties should indicate that it is working.
Contact your seller for an exchange if the adapter is missing.
Someone may have swapped processors.

Oct 16, 2022
Check cpu id in bios or cpuz, don't need to remove cooler.
Confirmed to be the i7-12700.
You should see two, one for your 5570, and one for the integrated adapter.
The integrated adapter should say HD770.
There is only the 5570, no HD770. But I think that would be normal with iGPU Multimonitor disabled in the BIOS. Problem is, when I enable it I can't boot anymore (the "blinitializelibrary failed 0xc00000bb" error).
Contact your seller for an exchange if the adapter is missing.
It is probably too late for that, I have been using the system with the 5570 for quite a while. But that is on me for being lazy, thank you guys for the help :) I'll likely pick up a cheap GPU with support for more monitors.