Hi guys

I've gathered the following parts:
CPU: Intel i7-4770
CPU-coolor: Noctua NH-L9i - 92mm
GPU: GeForce 660gtx ti
And some other irrelevant parts..

My problem is with the motherboard.
First I've considered the gigabyte
z87n-wifi, but I've read that there's a cooling problem due to the CPU and GPU placed closed to each other.

I've read that the asrock should have better placement of the CPU and GPU, so that would be my ideal choice...

But but since I won't ever be overclocking would it be better for me to take the H87 version instead of the z87? Or is there any other significant pro with taking z87?

Thank you in advance.

Also is the cooler good enough for that setup? Or do I need a better?

Since OC is not an option, just go for the H87. And for the same reason you can use the stock cooler. That noctua cooler is made for really small cases and won't probably keep your cpu any cooler than the stock one.

EDIT: Also every cooler and every chip is different so I'd recommend you to see how cool your CPU runs on the stock cooler. If it overheats, get something like the cooler master hyper 212 evo.

MalakiArtook

Honorable
Mar 5, 2014
I'd just get a z, they tend to have more features, better components, and is close on price. as far a the Nocutra it will be enough. you can get a cooler master that will give you better cooling for less price if you can fit it. that CPU cooler if for building a mini tower.

David Junker

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
Hey guys.
Well I want a silent build, so I won't be using stock hehe.

Anyways.. You say the z has more features, but are they useful, if you're not overclocking? I don't want to throw money away if I ain't benefiting anything from the z version.