Question Hacked on 4 platforms in minutes -- gmail, facebook, snapchat and instagram. They do not all share a common email, phone # or password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2021
I haven't logged into any of these accounts in a long time either. I use some regularly but haven't actually logged in in months.

I have recovered my Instagram and Facebook. My gmail is still hacked I have 0 access My facebook was NOT associated with the hacked gmail and has no number attached. I don't reuse passwords and my passwords are all secure. (random characters, numbers, letters but no words)
In order of my receiving notification emails to the inbox that gets forwarded all emails from my now hacked gmail
  1. 946: Snapchat password has been changed. Device is iPhone SE and an IP in Staten Island
  2. 947: New snapchat login
  3. Google security alerts -- all emails were under the same thread
    1. 949: Google security alert, New device signed into ____@gmail.com. Your Google account was just signed into from a new Apple iPhone device. You're getting this email to make sure itwas you
    2. 949: Your password was changed for ____@Gmail.com.
    3. 949: Your password was changed for [B]_[/B]@gmail.com (may have been a duplicate message)
  4. Account recovery -- under the same thread, CONCURRENT WITH ABOVE
    1. 949: Gmail Account recovered successfully
    2. 949: Gmail Account recovered successfully (may have been duplicate)
  5. DIFFERENT EMAIL -- 952: facebook password change. IP provided
  6. New login to Instagram from mobile safari on apple iphone. Mobile Safari in New York, NY. Likely the LTE as they have switched by now, which I lookedup and is NY, NY (manhattan)
  7. New login to Instagram from Instagram on Apple iPhone. The app now it seems, no "Mobile Safari" included
  8. 957: Phone Number Removed on Instagram
  9. 959: _ is your instagram recovery code.
My Instagram Snapchat and Gmail were associated with my old number that I had changed around 3 months ago. The old number is not in service as I called to make sure and the tone said it's "not a working number."

My Snapchat was reset before my gmail was. Uhh...so they were already logged into my email, but recovered my email account pass AFTER resetting my snapchat?
I have the IP address associated with the Snapchat password change and same for FaceBook. If a hacker was using a proxy this would be a weird way to go about it, as it is not a IP located my home zipcode and not quite adjacent. The zipcode associated with the IP is in Staten Island, I'm in brooklyn. It also seems that they switched later to LTE based on the IP Facebook provided. I'm sure this is not something a hacker spoofing location would do (switch to a mobile proxy after 2 minutes, or LTE on a prepaid SIM. Why switch? Unless they realized they screwed up by using their home ip on the snap and in a panic turned off wifi. Still, unlikely)

I can see all of the emails that my hacked account receives because years ago I setup all emails going to that account to be forwarded to my new one. The hacker removed my phone number from Instagram. I was able to reset Instagram through the app. I saw the other previous session and kicked them off. But I was logged off Snapchat and have no access.

My FACEBOOK ACCOUNT WAS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE HACKED EMAIL. It's attached to a different email and isnt even under my name.

So they had access to this email as well? Why? My Facebook account doesn't even have a real name and has no number attached. But I'm not logged out of this email and have full access to it...

I tried to recover my email yesterday and it says Google will take 48 hours. This does not make sense to me. The purpose seems to be to give 48 hours to the current holder of the account to cancel the recovery request. But if the account is hacked then the hacker can cancel it and I'm locked out of my account without hope? Does anyone provide email flood services here so I can flood my own email?

Nothing materially was changed from what I can see on my instagram and facebook.

One final thing. I gave my spare laptop to a friend a few weeks ago as his problematic roommate stole his charger and some other belongings. This is a friend I mostly trust, and said he hasn't touched the computer in weeks. Also that his crazy roommate has not been here in a while. None of the rest of the evidence really would add to suggest that it's related to the laptop as the IP assc with Snapchat reset was a residential (Spectrum/Charter) one and located in Staten Island, whereas he is in Manhattan. Unless someone has remote access to my computer, which I had a scare about a few months ago as my computer was formatted differently, like an all black background which is what one might see when RDPed to a CALs enabled Windows Server. I did check the RDP logs however and nothing was amiss. Of course those can be wiped too.
EDIT: Scratch that, I'm 99% sure I logged out of everything and for good measure reinstalled the browser before giving it to him.

This is all bizarre to me and I can't quite figure out what the most likely explanation is. Please help. I need to recover this account ASAP but fear I wont be able to do that because since it's in the hacker's possession they can easily cancel the recovery. I will post to Google support as well. Not sure if I should make a police report, I just need overall guidance here

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021
Yeah....did this laptop have any of your login info?
If so...Why would you do that?
I actually just went over it in my head again and I made sure to log off on everything. I'm pretty sure I reset the browser too, deleted and reinstalled so I wouldn't have to manually clear cookies and autofill info. I'm forgetful but thorough, normally OCD about security stuff. I think I checked my secondary browser as well. But again I don't think even if I was logged on that it would've really been possible given the IP location and the fact that my friend owns a different phone than the one that was indicated to have logged into my snapchat

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
I actually just went over it in my head again and I made sure to log off on everything. I'm pretty sure I reset the browser too, deleted and reinstalled so I wouldn't have to manually clear cookies and autofill info. I'm forgetful but thorough, normally OCD about security stuff. I think I checked my secondary browser as well. But again I don't think even if I was logged on that it would've really been possible given the IP location and the fact that my friend owns a different phone than the one that was indicated to have logged into my snapchat
Well....whatever you did or did not do, that laptop would probably be the pathway to your 'hacked accounts'.

Reactions: MorePower69
Status
Not open for further replies.