Hackers Attack World of Warcraft Gamers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

billydomaks

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
what a frickin jerk im just telling the truth about the article.
im not being negative, its a very interesting article, especially if you don't play mmo's.
im just saying, i would hope anyone who plays WOW or any online game should know this information already.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
[citation][nom]dauthus[/nom]Anyone who takes their WoW account seriously should just shell out the $7 or so for an authenticator key. It's about the size of a usb memory stick with a single button and tiny 6 digit screen. You digitally assign your key to your account, and every time you log on, you are prompted for a 6 digit code. You click the button on your key, and voila, a unique 6 digit code appears allowing you to log in. Hackers could get your account name and password, but w/out the physical key, that info is worthless.[/citation]

Off topic but I wish DRM in games would do the same thing rather than connecting to the internet all the time

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
I almost fell for this kind of phishing when I recieved an Email to enter a chance to be part of a PTR beta of the WotLK expansion Only available to subscribers only. Being that I do PTR stuff I followed the link. To test the site out, I did a dummy login with false info.. Good thing I was cautious, they had the WotLK promo site down to a T. hate to see all those that got duped

G

I love it. "as future regarding this acount Trial mounts will be sent to the you account." Who falls for this garbage?

gruurk2

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
They are selling it because they can't do their jobs and safeguard the servers. You would think that if someone is trying to login to some ones elses account that lives in EU or US from India or China then it should set off some bells and they would block the login. Or even better yet. Block it all together by adding that to the blocked ip list on the routers. IE, why would anyone from China or India would be logging to someone’s account in the EU or US. Blizzard doesn't even have a clue how to secure the servers. It's like a hobby to them. Can't wait for them to go bankrupt. It will happen as more and more get sick of the hacking, gold selling and Blizzards outright BS. Try Aion, Warhammer or something else. Time for Blizzard to learn a lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.