[SOLVED] Had to reset bios, lost CPU overclocking from manufacturer

Kalshion

Prominent
Dec 29, 2019
So for some information, the system I have was built by CyberpowerPC (which, just to note, is the last time I'll use them since they actually screwed up a couple times requiring me to do some fixing of my own)

A couple weeks ago I had to do a reset of the bios options, as the system wouldn't boot up for some reason. This in turn caused me to lose the 40% overclock I had on the CPU.

Now, this was all done at CyberpowerPC at my request, so I have no clue what options they ticked to get to here and right now I'm weary of trying to do this on my own.

Thus is why I am posting this question; would anyone by chance know what options would need to be ticked to get this kind of an overclock?

The CPU I use is the intel core i9-7900x with a "Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240mm Premium Edition Liquid CPU Cooling System" on a x299-deluxe motherboard.

Solution
So for some information, the system I have was built by CyberpowerPC (which, just to note, is the last time I'll use them since they actually screwed up a couple times requiring me to do some fixing of my own)

A couple weeks ago I had to do a reset of the bios options, as the system wouldn't boot up for some reason. This in turn caused me to lose the 40% overclock I had on the CPU.

Now, this was all done at CyberpowerPC at my request, so I have no clue what options they ticked to get to here and right now I'm weary of trying to do this on my own.

Thus is why I am posting this question; would anyone by chance know what options would need to be ticked to get this kind of an overclock?

The CPU I use is the intel core i9-7900x with...

The CPU I use is the intel core i9-7900x with a "Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240mm Premium Edition Liquid CPU Cooling System" on a x299-deluxe motherboard.
Most modern BIOS' have a way to save settings in a BIOS profiles section. Look for that in hopes the mfr. created a profile with their settings in it. You could also contact the MFR's support line to see if they'd help.

Other than that, all you can do is start overclocking yourself. Nobody will know the exact settings they used, you have to experiment with testing for stability. It's an iterative process. Read some of the 'how-to's and FAQ's for beginners.

Last edited:
Solution