Half-Life 2 Graphics MODernized With Extra Shine

Status
Not open for further replies.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Gotta love the mod scene to disapprove would be brash move considering if it weren't for mods like team fortress and counter strike valve certainly wouldn't be the company it is today.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]Doesn't look any better to me , just looks less blurry.[/citation]

I would consider less blurry to be better looking. ;)

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
It's not only less blurry, the textures are much much sharper and there's light glare from several light sources now.

It looks spectactular, IMO.

jisamaniac

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
[citation]A first-person-shooter that looks better on a console than on the PC? Blasphemy![/citation]

Marcus you make me proud.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
[citation][nom]kato128[/nom]Uh...correct me if I'm wrong but didn't HL2 already have HDR patched into it for PC?[/citation]

thats what i thought too. but then i thought that maybe i'm just thinking about one of the episodes...

anyways it doesnt matter to me anyways really. the only time i feel like playing HL2 or the episodes is when i'm playing them co-op through the synergy mod, and i highly doubt i could run both mods.

djcoolmasterx

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
[citation][nom]kato128[/nom]Uh...correct me if I'm wrong but didn't HL2 already have HDR patched into it for PC?[/citation]

Yes, just checked and it does have a setting for HDR. But it says that its only available on certain maps. I assume the mod just makes it available on all maps.

cappster

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
Half life 2 + one of the greatest games ever. I am not sure if I will download the mod, but from the pictures, the graphics are quite intriguing.

smitty6123

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
I bought Orange Box off steam on the holiday sale 2 days ago, this is perfect timing. The download and install was flawless and everything looks great!

smitty6123

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
I bought Orange Box off steam on the holiday sale 2 days ago, this is perfect timing. The download and install was flawless and everything looks great!

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]After finishing HL1 (original), which I actually enjoyed, I can't find myself making through HL2.[/citation]
You will be missing out on one of the best FPS games to ever be released. I played both and allot of other FPS games. HL2 rocked, it is not even close to the same game play as the first one. Do yourself a favor and play it on a PC with a mouse and keyboard, the best way to play FPS games.

The kiddie consoles will want their kiddie achievements like in the article, "Includes 32 Steam Achievements." I make sure to keep disconnected from Dragon Age servers because of the stupid kiddie achievements.
To paraphrase Mel Brooks,
Badges, I don't need no stinking badges. Just give me a good game.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Sigh....although the source engine is not bad, it's been used for EVERY possible scenario by now and has made Valve millions. It's time they make a new engine, I'm getting tired of this HL2 mod, and that HL2 mod, source engine this, source that. It's time for a new engine.

B16CXHatch

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
After playing through it 20 times, I really could care less how good it looks. BUT, I applaud the modder for doing this. It does look pretty nice in a few places but overall, what sells HL2 is the story... which I'm tired of now.

The big question: where is Episode 3? Isn't the point of short episodes to reduce development time between releases? I love TF2 (only online game I play anymore) but for the love of Heavy, we don't need new hats every other week. Get to work on Ep 3.

mariushm

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]B16CXHatch[/nom]The big question: where is Episode 3? Isn't the point of short episodes to reduce development time between releases? I love TF2 (only online game I play anymore) but for the love of Heavy, we don't need new hats every other week. Get to work on Ep 3.[/citation]

It's in development, probably will be ready this winter or in summer next year. Right now they're busy with l4d2 and in spring they'll launch a DLC that will combine L4d1 with l4d2 and then they'll probably take a break and work on episode 3.

My guess is they're also working on Portal 2 and will probably also include it in a "Gold box" (orange was, remains gold, platinum etc) or some Collector's box with all Half-Life games.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
lol, so a console had a slight and arguable upper hand against PC, which was quickly quashed by they other great advantage of PC, user customizeability.

what will MW2 look like in a few year? AS AVERAGE AS IT DOES NOW!

is this anything to do with that "cinematic mod" I think it just upgraded all the assets, textures ect. need like 4G of ram (so 64bit) and 1GB GFX to run it!

Status
Not open for further replies.