[SOLVED] Half of my Memory is reserved/System is using high HDD.

Aug 1, 2020
Hi, recently I've noticed that things have been running way slower. I checked my Task Manager and a mix of System and Antimalware Service Executable are using big chunks of my HDD. After snooping around a little I think it's my pagefile. I've read that it can get busy if my memory is low, so I checked and half my RAM (4.1 out of 8 GB) is "hardware reserved". I don't have an igpu to turn off, I tried reseating the RAM, tried messing with the boot options in msconfig. Any more tips would be helpful.

Mobo: Asustek M5A97 LE R2.0
RAM: 2x4GB Crucial BLS4G3D1609DS1S00

Not sure what else would be needed, just ask.

Thanks.

Solution
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the problem. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

You will normally find some of it is hardware reserved but it shouldn't be half your ram, it sort of depends on your GPU but it shouldn't be that high. If Win 10 has issues with a stick it may mark it all like that.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the problem. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

You will normally find some of it is hardware reserved but it shouldn't be half your ram, it sort of depends on your GPU but it shouldn't be that high. If Win 10 has issues with a stick it may mark it all like that.

Solution