nothingeleven

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Hi thanks for reading this.. I have halflife 2 with a cd key I bought when halflife came out .And now today I want to use it . this is the situation . I havnt used it and im on a computer now that I cant use games on because its a community residence computer and my gaming computer doesnt have internet, I have heard that there is a way to use halflife 2 offline without the internet...

My question is , how can I play halflife 2 with out the internet .. I have downloaded this vengence offline installer but I dont know how to use it .. please help someone .. thanks

I so badly want to play halflife 2 , any suggestions would be welcomed. :?:

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Does valve have an official forum?

Might get more help there.. Steam support site http://support.steampowered.com/

Finally, be very careful of any methods or software which allegedly allow you to play without Steam, as they are more than likely to be trojans designed to steal your CD Key for example. You risk having your legitimate Steam Account permanently banned, which means you will not be able to play any of your Valve games, so don't risk it.

http://www.tweakguides.com/HL2_4.html

But since you have no internet connection, they can't send your cd-key lmao.

Do I have to have an Internet Connection to play Half Life 2: The short answer is Yes. If you don't have any kind of Internet connection, you cannot play Half Life 2. Steam requires online authentication of your Half Life 2 CD Key and it also needs to download additional files to activate and complete the Half Life 2 install before it can be played. There is no legal way around this - the CD Key must be authenticated online

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Can you take your pc to a mates house? Validate HL2, disconnect from the net and ensure you can play it in steams offline mode and if you can, you're sorted.

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
I agree with Wolfy. Take your gaming PC to a friend's house, hook it up, authenticate the CD key and then do it up.

Do you have an Xbox? You could always play the console version, which is pretty faithful to the single player mode. I'm just saying...it's an option...

coach_brew

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Yeah, you need an internet connection, without one you're pretty much hosed even though you *bought* the game. :roll: That's what really pissed me off with Valve was that whole Steam BS. No internet = no game play.

And thus no "official" way around it. Why Valve, why!? You used to be so awesome, and now your awesomeness is diminished as is perfectly illustrated by this poor gamer, NothingEleven.

.... I weep. :cry:

TRENDING THREADS