Halo 4 Will Have Microsoft Surface Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefiend1

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Meh, not really interested in using a tablet in conjunction with playing games. Im not sure I would ever consider using that combination - no matter what the consol.

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
If this is done right, they could do some amazing things. I think Mouse and Keyboard support option for games, even though a console, would be a huge plus. If Mario Paint can do it, the 360 can.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Hmm not sure what to make of this.

I would have jumped with joy if they said Halo 4 was supported on Windows.
Not if they pulled the same sh** they did with Halo 2 and Vista though.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Since both the X-Box and Surface are Microsoft products themselves and not some third-party device that uses there technology, it has a tremendous ability to do things that consoles have lacked, as itchyisvegeta said, if done right.

blackjackcf

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
[citation][nom]thefiend1[/nom]Meh, not really interested in using a tablet in conjunction with playing games. Im not sure I would ever consider using that combination - no matter what the consol.[/citation]

I'm actually interested in how Microsoft expects me to be able to hold a gamepad and a tablet at the same time. :p

- Catherine Cai

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]blackjackcf[/nom]I'm actually interested in how Microsoft expects me to be able to hold a gamepad and a tablet at the same time. - Catherine Cai[/citation]
Well that little stand in the picture seems very useful for that purpose.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Microsoft seems to have a trend here. Every other release sucks. Windows 6 and 8, Halo 2, and now maybe Halo 4? I don't know if I like the sound of Surface support for Halo 4. Might be a bit much for a classic.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Microsoft seems to have a trend here. Every other release sucks. Windows 6 and 8, Halo 2, and now maybe Halo 4? I don't know if I like the sound of Surface support for Halo 4. Might be a bit much for a classic.[/citation]
What are you talking about? Halo 2 was mediocre, however, both Halo 3 and Reach were excellent games with ODST being decent. As for Vista... that's a whole different story.

G

Because nothing says "revitalize an utterly whored-out franchise" like requiring an $800 tablet to get the full experience...

snowzsan

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
LOL Calm down, it's a gimmick. I don't understand why everyone's getting bent out of shape. I highly doubt the integration of the Surface is going to be a game changer. Probably just a way of tracking live stats and what not, kinda like a live scoreboard or something of the like, and if they integrate it a bit more, you'll be able to select your next "class" in multiplayer before you respawn with racing with the respawn countdown timer. Push it a bit further, and it'll provide live in-game radar.

Remember when they announced MASS EFFECT 3 had kinect support? People were saying the same thing as you, and look. It actually turned out great and nothing like the abomination people were describing.

Try it before you knock it. Speculation is usually garbage opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.