Hand Eye Coordination on two separate machines

AbroMaN124

Reputable
Apr 3, 2015
Hey there,

I have a gaming rig and a mid-end laptop. The laptop is mostly just for uni work, but I often play video games on there with my friends at the lab. I will also be using the laptop at an upcoming LAN party... now the problem is that because I am used to the resolution/mouse sensitivity of my gaming rig - I tend to miss (like in missclicking) everything by a small margin. This is pretty bad because I play a lot of CSGO - and what would've been a headshot on my gaming rig is a complete miss on laptop.

I use the same mouse, a RAT-3, for both the laptop and PC. Laptop has 720p resolution while PC has 1080p. Laptop is 15.6" while monitor on gaming rig is 24".

Anyone know how to synchronize the two devices so I can not missclick everything in Dota and miss all my headshots in csgo?

Thanks!

Solution
Besides tweaking the polling rate of the mouse I can't think of anything else that would help you, except getting used to the differences, of course.

It can't be done for all mice tho, and it's usually not too customizable (it mostly is just a slider with pre-set values, so it might be too much or too few). It usually beats using sensitivity settings, at least.
If your mouse has custom drivers and a control panel, you'll find the aforementioned functions there.

Vynavill

Honorable
Besides tweaking the polling rate of the mouse I can't think of anything else that would help you, except getting used to the differences, of course.

It can't be done for all mice tho, and it's usually not too customizable (it mostly is just a slider with pre-set values, so it might be too much or too few). It usually beats using sensitivity settings, at least.
If your mouse has custom drivers and a control panel, you'll find the aforementioned functions there.

Solution