[SOLVED] handheld trackball air mouse how to remove the ball to clean?

parsimonius

Commendable
Mar 19, 2021
I bought a YUMQUA Y-01 Portable Mini Finger Hand Held 4D USB Wired Trackball Mouse. It looks like this I want to remove the ball from its case and clean it. If you look closely at the picture, you'll see two holes on either side of the ball. I've been able to use a paper clip to turn the case but have been unable to go the last mile to actually remove that part in order to gain full access to the spot where the ball sits inside the mouse device.

Is there a tool designed to finish unscrewing that whatchamacallit? I'm thinking such a tool might look like a pair of tweezers, but don't know what the actual tool would be called. The paper clip almost worked but was not sturdy enough when I tried to apply the pressure to remove the part that holds the ball in the mouse.

Thanks.

Solution
It's the same as removing the ball for mice 2 decades ago. After you rotate the outer housing that fastens the ball into place, you will need to flip the mouse in order to loosen the mount to pop out under the weight of the mouse ball.

Lutfij

Titan
It's the same as removing the ball for mice 2 decades ago. After you rotate the outer housing that fastens the ball into place, you will need to flip the mouse in order to loosen the mount to pop out under the weight of the mouse ball.

Solution

parsimonius

Commendable
Mar 19, 2021
Thanks. ended up using a scissors. Inside was pretty gunky even though I had only used it for about 3 months or so, which was probably why it wasn't easily falling out.

Problem solved.