Hands-on Preview: BMW and Thermaltake's Level 10 M Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Oh wow! It'll keep my hands dry through epic 30+ minute gaming marathons! Shut up and take my money!

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
lol

"man I gamed like crazy this weekend; probably played for 30, maybe even 45 minutes"

As someone who will play for 12-36 hours in a sitting, i have never known that sweaty hands was an issue; are people resting their entire hand, with arm weight, on the mouse?

Read up on ergonomics gaming brothers, lest your wrists pay the price.

As an aside, i'm still interested in the review, as no mouse to date has matched my aging g5.

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
Are those red things from behind heatpipes? . This looks fucking ridiculous and I've never had y hands sweat from using a mouse. There will be a ridiculous price to match aswell I'm sure.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
This goes against Thermaltakes gaudy design principles. This mouse is like a RAT only that its slighty more mouse looking then transformer looking.
Where is the red and black look with see through plate and fan sitting infront of the mouse?

[citation][nom]olaf[/nom]oh yey BMW ... guess its a big deal for the Americas .... its full of em here ... boring gas guzzlers...[/citation]
This is about a mouse, not a car.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]This is about a mouse, not a car.[/citation]
its about the hype of BMW .... who cares....i have a headset designed by Pininfarina its CRAP. Company's should stick to what they are good at, or regarded good at.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
[citation][nom]robthatguyx[/nom]i think ill stick with my deathadder black[/citation]
I second that. It's sensitive, responsive, ergononic, and SIMPLE. I mean, for those who want all this, go ahead... I for one feel no need for my mouse to have a suspension system; two good old side buttons and a matte black finish are all I need.

sa1nt

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
[citation][nom]olaf[/nom]its about the hype of BMW .... who cares....i have a headset designed by Pininfarina its CRAP. Company's should stick to what they are good at, or regarded good at.[/citation]

...BMW's Designworks helped DESIGN the mouse.What they good at ? Maybe at designing things
What they are regarded good for ? ...Ergonomic design.It's not a bottle of perfume with ferrari logo on it or paris hilton gaming mouse.BMW design guys really worked on this and they tried something new and that's how it supposed to be.Maybe it's sh!t and i love my Deathadder but you can't talk crap on everything because one of their selling points is hype because that's ignorant (except if it's made by apple they are bunch of c....)

raytseng

Honorable
May 15, 2012
somewhat true, but somewhat false.

Just how Paul Junior Designs (from American choppers) surely was able to take his ground breaking innovative designs beyond motorcycles right. (yay! coleman grill...leaps and bounds over the standard coleman one, amirite?!...where's that boutique?).

Yea, car design shops are always partnering to make computer accessories. But to think that they are completely on the level and not inflating the price and not selling a product partially as a marketing gimmick based on their name brand is equally as naive.

For sure the top design guys at BMW were just scrambling and fighting each other for the honor to work on the computer gaming mouse project... everyone, drop all your work on the new carprototypes. we need to get this mouse out ASAP!

I like the idea of car guys helping design computer parts. My dad is an aircraft engineer, old school, so when I talk to him about computer stuff I have to relate it to that part in a car, which is getting harder and harder to do as parts start doing three or four things pretty good at once. Motherboards with built in sound and NICs, etc. etc. The designs are obviously not going to be for every one just like Porsches are only made to appeal to seinfeld. I can see Beemer car lots using these. It's a conversation starter.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]olaf[/nom]oh yey BMW ... guess its a big deal for the Americas .... its full of em here ... boring gas guzzlers...[/citation]

I prefer Merc over BMW but there is a brit TV show called Top Gear that did a test running a 3 series BMW against a Prius. The Beamer won! So much for Gas Guzzler.

Draven35

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
BMW Designworks has a rather significant Los Angeles office and has done many other non-car industrial design projects- the HP z-series (like the z400 reviewed here on Tom's two years back) is a good example.

raytseng

Honorable
May 15, 2012
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]I prefer Merc over BMW but there is a brit TV show called Top Gear that did a test running a 3 series BMW against a Prius. The Beamer won! So much for Gas Guzzler.[/citation]

That was just a test showing that it's the nut behind the wheel that makes the mpg difference and you need to use the right tool for the job. it is easy to take it out of context.

The test was the prius was being driven as hard as it can, and the bmw was following it. Since the bnw was designed to operate in this envelope, it could "cruise" and efficiently match the path of the prius which was working at it's max and in it's least efficient state.

It would be like saying an low power cpu that you overclocked and upped the voltage uses more electricity than a stock "k" cpu which is matching the performance of your OC'd chip.
Then using that test to conclude that the low power cpus don't use less power.

G

i love my RAT 5, no need to upgrade until they revamp the series in which case id get a RAT 7

hrhuffnpuff

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Honestly I like it, alot. But my Logitech MX518 is still rockin after 5 years of abuse. Until that mouse blows up or the end of the world, I will wait for now.

FormatC

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
After 35 minutes the temperatures remain stable and it does not matter if you play 45 minutes or 45 hours - if you can :D

Draven35

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
[citation][nom]m32487[/nom]Reminds me of a certain Porsche designed phone...[/citation]

Speaking of Porsche-designed items, anyone remember the LaCie external drives that Porsche designed?

At my college they had a 94% failure rate after eight months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS