Hands-on with Dell Convertible Duo Tablet Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewcutter

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
add an ethernet port to this, a dvd or blue ray drive, a SB i3 when released and a dicrete ati or nvidia and im sold......

a person can dream cant he :)

jokes aside this is more interesting than tablets :)

pale paladin

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
This thing seems to be a more competent appliance then any other tablet I've seen. I hope dell gets it right so I can show IPAD users how crappy that thing is. I know the fanboys will say that it's late to the market but I'd rather have something that is more then an HUGE IPOD a year later. Yes I have an IPAD for DEV reasons and I hate it.

Pawessum16

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
3 hours equals epic fail for me...and I will bemoan the built in battery. My fully powered laptop with a discrete graphics card can get that kind of battery life (albeit in power saving mode), and I can switch out the battery for a fresh one. Sure it's a touch screen, but for something so underpowered, I'd like to know I'm getting at least 6+ hours (8 or 10 would be delectable). I'd like to see ultramobility and that's not what I'm seeing.
Pass!!
I've been much more interested in HP's option for a tablet PC.

acku

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
[citation][nom]gekko668[/nom]Can the screen be taken off since it is rotatable?[/citation]

Sorry no...

[citation][nom]orbitron[/nom]Is the battery replaceable even though it's build in?[/citation]

Well Dell can still replace it as part of servicing the duo if that is what you mean. I'm not sure I completely follow. Apple does that with its batteries on the MBPs.

Cheers,
Andrew Ku
TomsHardware.com

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
It's the kind of thing that I really appreciate when they'll have at least something like a Duo Core.

Pay a bit more for a T4400, 13" screen and a 6-cell would be a great deal!

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]I hope the units will be upgradeable in terms of SSD , cause that would add a good battery time.[/citation]
No...you barely save any energy with an SSD, the difference is negligible.

jakesbuddy

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
I wish every article on this site was in this scrolling format, as opposed to clicking through ten or more short pages. Hope to see this on other articles in the future...

G

If you want to know how to get 7 % off one, drop me a line , i will refer you: newyorkyankz at aol . com . savings of $40.

G

Please provide specific hardware specs, like wireless chipset, etc. Am particularly interested in the manuf/model of the display itself. Thanks!

mauchls

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
"We will have an in depth review of the Dell Inspiron duo once we get a production unit from Dell. Until then, feel free to ask questions!"

Any word on when this review will take place? I have a notion that the other reviews I've read have only worked with the OS as it comes out of the box. I suspect the hardware is capable of more (it's dual core, right?) and the OS has a lot to offer that's just not being maximized.

mauchls

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
"We will have an in depth review of the Dell Inspiron duo once we get a production unit from Dell. Until then, feel free to ask questions!"

Any word on when this review will take place? I have a notion that the other reviews I've read have only worked with the OS as it comes out of the box. I suspect the hardware is capable of more (it's dual core, right?) and the OS has a lot to offer that's just not being maximized.

Status
Not open for further replies.