Hands-on with InWin's F5 PC Case: Back-connector motherboard support and wood front panels

Admin

Administrator
Staff member

strobolt

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
Does this thing have side panels? In all pictures it seems both side panels are off so makes me wonder if they're included at all...

islandwalker

Managing Editor
Editor
Mar 6, 2018
Saw this at Computex and have been waiting for production. The one question is...does the bottom support rad with vertical GPU. This might be make or break for me.
I have just measured and there is just barely two inches of clearance between bottom of the case and the riser cable plug. So depending on the radiator and fans you plan on using, it might JUST fit (especially if you opt for slim fans), but I wouldn't assume it would fit or perform particularly well if you managed to get a radiator in there with a vertical GPU.

I have just measured and there is just barely two inches of clearance between bottom of the case and the riser cable plug. So depending on the radiator and fans you plan on using, it might JUST fit (especially if you opt for slim fans), but I wouldn't assume it would fit or perform particularly well if you managed to get a radiator in there with a vertical GPU.
Thanks for doing that. I'm assuming fan and rad are 30cm + 28, so it looks sad for normal fans. I don't remember any slims with rgb. Nonetheless, I'm pretty set on it, for GPU and CPU loop.

I wish I had an In Win rep I could ask about this. Honestly I think it is a major question these days...can it support liquid cooling while vertical.

Last edited:

Notton

Prominent
Dec 29, 2023
Cable of Water Cooling is still the ugly unsolved issue back-to-back does not bring a solution to.
The tubing? I thought that was supposed to be cool when exposed, kind of like exhaust pipes turbo chargers.
I guess you can put the CPU on the backside of the mobo, like some companies already do.

MyXPC

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2014
The tubing? I thought that was supposed to be cool when exposed, kind of like exhaust pipes turbo chargers.
I guess you can put the CPU on the backside of the mobo, like some companies already do.
Indeed tubbing of AIO.
Some are masking the best of the hardware.
But also slightly cut the case airflow.

pixelpusher220

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
The thermals have to be seriously affected by the case. Maybe if you put the top radiator forcing straight up. That upper left corner just begs for an exhaust fan.