Hands-on with Kingston's 1TB USB Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]fuzzion[/nom]Jane McEntegart , you have pretty hands[/citation]
Her face and body are mighty fine too, but you just moved house into Creepyville with that one

Daedalus12

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
mmm...1Tb USB Stick. I can remember when an 8 Gb flash stick was several hundred dollars. Someday they'll be almost giving these things away. Technology is awesome.

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
No wonder why it's nicknamed "brick". It surely looks like its own weight is enough to bend the USB plug when you leave it on your computer

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Predator in the name? Is it just me or this is business/luxury product, not a teen dream. Think naming is a bit off here. Other than that interesting idea stuffed with flash.

G

Wouldnt spend that on this if i had it to spend. But its cool that its so small.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Her face and body are mighty fine too, but you just moved house into Creepyville with that one[/citation]
Actually I think you just moved into creepyville.... Regardless we all like Jane :)

Is that 8.5x11" paper its sitting on? If so then this thing is like 1.5x2x4" That's not a "USB stick" its more of a "USB Tree"

Why is this titled "Hands-on with Kingston's 1TB USB Stick", when they didn't even bring the real thing at CES?
AFAIK, a "hands-on" article is posted during/after said device has been...handled. Also includes a writer's (mini)-review of said device, even if it's a brief handling of it.
This is like posting a hands-on article about a display-only mock-up phone unit in a carrier's store.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
cool idea... design is terrible.

it won't be usable on my desktop due to the ultra wide design... nor on my laptops.
now if a short 2 inch cable is included we're in business

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Besides being a proof of concept, I don't see any reason why a company would waste their time making a product like this. Has there ever been a consumer targetted peripheral that sold for $1750 that has seen any sort of commercial success? I doubt it, but I am positive that a USB stick, which has none of the attributes that make USB sticks popular (low cost, portability, usability) won't be one. And that's the 512GB version. The 1TB model? That's like adding 10 more patties to a $50 10 patty hamburger.

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
wtf I can't link... why
anyway here is the link, just remove the space between 'bincang.net/' and 'forum'
bincang.net/ forum/showthread.php?120282-1Terabyte-thumb-drive-dari-Kingston-%21-ada-brannn&s=2f388560a6ce55576dbc226bb43fc12a&p=2899954

G

wouldn't it be cheaper, more convenient, and probably smaller and lighter on your pocket just to stick a 1TB SSD in an external USB case and be done with it? That thing is huge

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]anonymous_user[/nom]stuart72 - Did you mean HD instead of SSD? I don't think a 1TB SSD (such as the OCZ Octane), would necessarily be cheaper than this drive.[/citation]
A 512GB SSD goes for about $450 (and is much faster), 512GB of this flash drive goes for $1750! That is about 4 times more expensive.
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Is that 8.5x11" paper its sitting on? If so then this thing is like 1.5x2x4" That's not a "USB stick" its more of a "USB Tree"[/citation]
No that is not 8.5x11" paper. Try to judge the size of the drive by the size of the USB plug.
It is about the same length of an average performance flash drive, about 20% wider and about 2.5 times thicker. So it's mostly just chunky, but not much bigger in other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.