News Hands-On With Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio 2 and Surface Laptop Go 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Hey, this is good news! The pen/stylus support on the latest Surface tablets has gotten really good too. Glad to see Microsoft is updating these devices. The improved repairability is also great to see noted.

The 80W GPU on the Surface Laptop Studio 2 is very nice to see. That's a good balance between performance, heat, and battery life. Much better than the underpowered 55W GPU on the MSI Summit E16 Flip or the fireball that is the 120W GPU on the Asus Flow x16. The launch price is too steep, but a Black Friday sale should make the SLS2 a serious competitor in this space. I think the build quality and support from Microsoft will exceed anything MSI or Asus can provide.

Should be a lot of sales in October and November. One of these devices will be mine soon.

I know Microsoft always runs a generation behind with the Surface devices, but this seems like a big missed opportunity given the longer release time on the studio. MTL ought to be a big improvement for battery life and the integrated graphics are a lot better as well. The 4060 model starting at $3300 is pretty atrocious as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.