Hands-on With New MOGA Android Gaming Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
Kind of negates the whole mobile aspect of the mobile phone.

Is that a phone in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

This is just another example of how there is no imagination in mobile gaming. Let's combine an Xbox 360 controller and a mobile phone. Real creative.

These kind of perifrials will never catch on. They need to rethink how to have controls without the use of thumbs, since the screen occupies the same space as thumb controls would go.

What about an analog pad on the back of the phone controlled with the left index finger and buttons on the right controlled by the right hand fingers? This could be built into the phone, or even accomplish with a case.

If testing shows you need thumb controls, fine. Make a controller that is the same width as a phone in landscape,make it about an inch tall, and have it attach to the bottom. Just keep it flat. Gameboys didn't need joysticks. Use analog pads.

TheMadFapper

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Someone please tell me what Android game I would ever want to play with a controller. I know there are a couple of FPS games that last a grand total of 2 hours and are some of the most linear games ever created....but besides that.

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013

Emulators, which comprise the only decent games for android.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
@^^^

You mean beside Dead Space, Mass Effect, NFS, NOVA 3, ...? Well you could throw on some PS1 games such as AceCombat, Tekken3, ...

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
@^^^

You mean beside Dead Space, Mass Effect, NFS, NOVA 3, ...? Well you could throw on some PS1 games such as AceCombat, Tekken3, ...

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013

No, the mobile ports of those games pretty much suck. They are designed to run on the weakest of mobile phones, and it shows.

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Checkout the apps "Kainy" and "Crazy Remote". You can play PC games on Android remotely. This might call for a good controller.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I have the original MOGA and I love it. It makes playing N64/PSX/GBA emulators so much more enjoyable. For $30 it's my favorite peripheral for my phone. It even fits my Note II in it's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.