Hands-On with Phanteks' XT Pro Ultra PC case: Modern budget case with lots of airflow and RGB out of the box

wakuwaku

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
The steel front sadly lacks a removable filter, which is a shame since that's where the majority of the dust will accumulate.
First time seeing a Phanteks case? Never bothered reading the product page to understand the features of the case you are reviewing? Never did any research from other case manufacturers too?
Here, have a link: https://www.phanteks.com/XT-Pro.html

Phanteks has been using their ultrafine mesh front to filter dust for quite a long time. Adding an additional dust filter will just impede air flow and reduce cooling. Many other case manufacturers i have seen lately have started considering the same strategy.

If you have been using and reviewing the case for lets say a month, then commented on how you wish it had an additional dust filter because the front mesh wasn't filtering enough dust, fine. But you are just doing a hands on. You have no right to comment on the lack of the dust filter when you have no experience or proof showing how effective or ineffective is their solution to the dust problem while reducing airflow resistence in the process.

My brother has a phanteks case with the same front mesh, I helped build the pc for him, and I tested and played with it for around a month before he found free time to take it back with him. I can safely say that their fine mesh works really well as I can see alot of dust accumulating outside the case while the inside stayed relatively dust free during that month. And you can really feel the air move compared to similar cases with a dust filter behind the normal mesh fronts.

Soaptrail

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2015
First time seeing a Phanteks case? Never bothered reading the product page to understand the features of the case you are reviewing? Never did any research from other case manufacturers too?
Here, have a link: https://www.phanteks.com/XT-Pro.html

Phanteks has been using their ultrafine mesh front to filter dust for quite a long time. Adding an additional dust filter will just impede air flow and reduce cooling. Many other case manufacturers i have seen lately have started considering the same strategy.

If you have been using and reviewing the case for lets say a month, then commented on how you wish it had an additional dust filter because the front mesh wasn't filtering enough dust, fine. But you are just doing a hands on. You have no right to comment on the lack of the dust filter when you have no experience or proof showing how effective or ineffective is their solution to the dust problem while reducing airflow resistence in the process.

My brother has a phanteks case with the same front mesh, I helped build the pc for him, and I tested and played with it for around a month before he found free time to take it back with him. I can safely say that their fine mesh works really well as I can see alot of dust accumulating outside the case while the inside stayed relatively dust free during that month. And you can really feel the air move compared to similar cases with a dust filter behind the normal mesh fronts.
I don't think the reviewer wanted a second dust filter for the front, merely he wanted the existing dust filter to be removable. I have a be quiet 500DX and it is the same for the front dust filter, it is there but not removable. I have to remove the front of the case to clean it but it only needs to be done twice a year.

Reactions: 35below0