Hands-on with Polaroid's $200 10-inch Jelly Bean Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
I'll reserve judgement until I see more about the tech specs and how durable it is...without an app store they're subsidizing with like Apple or Amazon, at $200 something's gotta give somewhere.

Yes, it needs at least a dual core CPU. How is battery life? Recharge time? The charging port is round, not micro-USB like so many other tablets and phones? How is the screen in bright light? Is it Gorilla Glass? What resolution?
If the answers to these questions are "wrong" in your opinion, another $29 buys a Lenovo A2109 which may have what you need. The screen has bad glare in bright light though, but a screen protector should help. It is 1280x800.

LordConrad

Distinguished
[citation][nom]thomron1977[/nom]here are the specs....http://gadgetian.com/47368/polaroid-m10-specs-price/[/citation]
I call BS, 1280x800 resolution at 10.1 inches in definitely not 216 PPI. The Nexus 7 has the exact same 1280x800 resolution at 7 inches and is rated at 216 PPI.

InvalidError

Titan
[citation][nom]LordConrad[/nom]I call BS, 1280x800 resolution at 10.1 inches in definitely not 216 PPI.[/citation]
That would be 150ppi, which is indeed a little low for something people may keep in their faces.

On the other hand, it is a $200 tablet that cuts fewer corners than the N7 and the larger screen should make it easier to touch stuff without hitting a couple other nearby things. At first glance, it seems the only major thing it is missing is 2GB RAM and the CPU may be a little under-spec'd... but it does have SD and micro-HDMI which are sorely missed on the N7, so I would call it a fair trade.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]As long as it has a dual-core CPU, 2GB onboard storage and SGX540 Equivalent GPU, $200 is DEFINITELY a great deal.[/citation]

Can't forget that it's 10 inches

G

No GPS.... too bad :-(

What do you want for the price holy shit I can do without gps considering everything else you get.

hannibal

Distinguished
quad-core Cortex A7 CPU with 1GB of RAM, a 5 megapixel rear camera, 16GB of internal storage, and HDMI connectivity, 1,280x800-pixel resolution.
Not bad for that price... Not for gaming, and not GPS makes it more like pure reading machine, but at this price it is guite reasonable! More competion in tab market!

Status
Not open for further replies.