Hands-on with the HTC One: HTC's Superphone for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

roltzje

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Really dont like the tone of this article.. sounds like its written by someone whos only used Samsung devices and doesn't know much about HTC..

First of all, theres nothing to get used to if you have had a previous HTC phone.. the buttons are how they are, and similar to Nexus devices. Samsung is just different.

Second of all, there is no 'back cover' like in Samsung phones. This phone is an aluminum UNIBODY.. everything on the exterior except for buttons and the screen is all one single piece of aluminum. Its much higher quality than anything from Samsung.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
This phone looks great and I can deal with no SD slot, but its lack of removable battery is a tough one to swallow for me. I'm used to being able to carry an extra fully charged battery around with me and just pop it in when the current battery gets low on charge. I also wish they would have increased the screen size slightly. My S3 at 4.8" no longer feels large; it feels almost too small at times. This phone is .1" smaller diagonally. Many people don't want a bigger screen, but I'd like a 5 - 5.375" screen (The Note 2 takes it a bit too far IMO).

That said, I would prefer the premium build over Samsung's plastic any day. I have a feeling the S4 will likely be my next phone dues to its larger screen, (hopefully) removable battery, and my comfort level with Samsung's products.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
No SD or memory card slot and no removable battery = NO SALE and not sorry. I'll wait till they come up with a phone I want with the features I need. There's a reason why HTC is swaying. Must have feature for me is the memory slot and removal battery. The rest other features I may or may not utilize. But lotsa folks buy into devices not having mem slot or removal battery. For that crowd guess this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.