Hands-on With the MASSIVE Huawei Ascend Mate Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
furthermore, all single screen, no button smart phones, are mini tablets with a phone function thrown in, that generally doesn't work that well. The phone, phones are gone.

halcyon

Splendid
This device really should have had a 1920x1080 screen. It kills me that they couldn't figure that out. Maybe they wanted to make sure image quality wouldn't be too high.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
I agree with both of you warezme and halcyon. Though even at 1080P, that is to big for a phone. Note II didn't push the boundaries of how big a phone can get, it is the boundary. Don't get me wrong, i happen to really like the Note II coupled with some sort of headset, its a wonderful device but common 6"!? Some butt pockets aren't even that big!

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Im starting to wonder if all these chinese companies are putting some kind of spying stuff on the equipment they sell... there is so much coming out right now.

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[citation][nom]rebel1280[/nom]Im starting to wonder if all these chinese companies are putting some kind of spying stuff on the equipment they sell... there is so much coming out right now.[/citation]

They already do so.
And America can do nothing because it does not have any mfg capabilities to meet the demand.

[citation][nom]rebel1280[/nom]Im starting to wonder if all these chinese companies are putting some kind of spying stuff on the equipment they sell... there is so much coming out right now.[/citation]
Your tinfoil hat is showing a bit above your left year...

halcyon

Splendid
I can't say it enough...in 2013 the screen really should have had a higher resolution. 1920x1080 would have made this much much more attractive. As far as the size, as long as it fits in my back pocket (like my Note 2)... Speaking of which...the Note 2 is just better...to me, everything about it is better though the larger screen size of the Mate is nice too. I am like a large number of folks...only occasionally using my phone to talk on. A tablet that is just small enough to take with me anywhere is much more compelling....

I don't need a separate tablet now so this actually saved me money.

Status
Not open for further replies.