Hands-on With the Research in Motion's PlayBook

Status
Not open for further replies.

samwelaye

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
as much as i call the ipad useless, i gotta hand it to apple: they know how to make an interface BUTTER smooth. rim, not so much. itll probably be a better device though

G

Humm, that didn't convince me. Make the apps better and cheaper, and the tablet cheaper for that matter.

G

UI seems to borrow heavily from WebOS. I wonder what HP will have to say about that

G

I'd be dumping my RIM stock if I were you right now. All they have done is play catch up the last 5 years. Blackberry was great back in a world of dumb phones and WinMo, but now that apple and google have entered the mix they stand absolutely no chance. Zero innovation. RIM is still riding on the success of their corporate BES contracts from the past, but even businesses are starting to see the light and adopt a more modern platform. Using a Blackberry today is like using Win95 on your pc at work. Practically ancient technology. And this wannabe tablet looks wholly inferior to existing technology, let alone whats coming in the future.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]edelbrp[/nom]Humm, that didn't convince me. Make the apps better and cheaper, and the tablet cheaper for that matter.[/citation]
WTF are you talking about? What's the price? Where are the apps? What are the apps priced like?

Stocklone

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
I would love to have one of these. I'm sure it will be a lot smoother when it ships. And it's going to be cheaper than an iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.