Happy Anniversary To Amazon, Happy Tech Deals For Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
The discounts were so bad, it seem slike someone in the marketing department said hey lets create something to ramp up sales between Independence Day and Back to School deals

Gurg

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
Newegg actually price matched some products early in the morning and I bought a SanDisk Ultra II SDSSDHII-480G for $136 @ 1am. Newegg was cheaper as both had no shipping and Amazon charged sales tax.

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
These deals are a joke.... I wait for something I want... timer hits 0, I click add to cart and it says 'wait list full'.
I refresh the page, and it says 0% claimed...

ima keep my $$ this time.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
I checked at 1 am and nothing of interest. 12 hours later, still nothing. Lots of "phantom" deals and prices that seem more bait and switch. I was really expecting more from Amazon.

TheLoneWolf989

Honorable
May 10, 2013
I got a Sandisk SSD Plus for £50 and Sennheiser Urbanite on-ears (Android) for £79, shame there wasn't any other good deals, it was mostly crap for the iPhone 6, laptops and storage. Shame.

These deals are a joke.... I wait for something I want... timer hits 0, I click add to cart and it says 'wait list full'.
I refresh the page, and it says 0% claimed...

ima keep my $$ this time.

This is similar to what happened to me. The only deal by which I clicked the "buy" (or whatever the button said) on was at 90% sold. I click the darn button and I'm on the waitlist. What does the waitlist even mean??? Do I get this same deal at a future date?

Pretty lame deals, considering all of the hype they built up over this. It was like browsing through a crappy garage sale.

For the most part, this is true. Some of the guys on here got their 1AM deal. I guess I thought there was going to be more worthwhile deals throughout the day.

Usually when Amazon says something, they follow through, but this Prime day was one of the most hyped-up weak events I've seen in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.