Hard disk problem in bios

stampgo7

Commendable
May 13, 2016
Hi,
I am running windows 7 with 3 Hard Drives. One for windows and the other 2 for storage. One of these stopped working and when I connect the one which is working fine with the wires of the other, in Bios I see the one with the problem which is not connected.
So the damaged HD is Segate and is out of the pc and the good one is Western Digital and when I connect the WD in Segate place in Bios shows us Segate.
What can I do because tomorrow Ia am expecting a new Hard Drive, in case I get the same in Bios.
One thought is to restore default Bios but I want to avoid this because I don't know what else will change.
Any suggestions?

George

Solution
Welcome to the community, George!

Indeed, I also think that resetting BIOS will resolve your issue with the proper recognition of the WD drive. You can perform this reset by using one of the three methods listed here. The only settings that will change in the BIOS are the ones you have tampered with. You could simply go through them before doing the reset, this way you will ensure that everything will be properly configured afterwards.

In case that doesn't help, go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and make sure you have manually installed the latest SATA controller & Chipset drivers from there.

Hope it helps. Good luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD
Welcome to the community, George!

Indeed, I also think that resetting BIOS will resolve your issue with the proper recognition of the WD drive. You can perform this reset by using one of the three methods listed here. The only settings that will change in the BIOS are the ones you have tampered with. You could simply go through them before doing the reset, this way you will ensure that everything will be properly configured afterwards.

In case that doesn't help, go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and make sure you have manually installed the latest SATA controller & Chipset drivers from there.

Hope it helps. Good luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution

stampgo7

Commendable
May 13, 2016

Hi SuperSoph_WD,
just to inform you that the HD arrived yesterday and finally there was no problem but any way the article you posted is very useful and I bookmarked it.
Thanks a lot for your time to help me.
Kind Regards
George.